• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Law Early Entry (1 Viewer)

Image.jpg

HSC
Hey! Just got my marks for legal studies back and it's a High C. If you do bad in legal studies does it impact early entry into law

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
If you wish to receive an early offer to study law based on your year 11 results, it is unlikely that results in the C range, whether in Legal Studies or other subjects, will be sufficient to maximise your chances of receiving an offer. This is applicable to most universities that have an early entry scheme that includes their Bachelor of Laws, such as UNSW, UTS, WSU and MQ.

Maximising your chances of receiving an offer for a Bachelor of Laws at any of those institutions based on your year 11 results would require a performance level that is consistent with the A or B range, with the A range being preferable.

In the event that you are unable to improve your year 11 results enough to guarantee an offer (hopefully this will not happen), there are still other ways for you to receive an offer. For example, the WSU HSC True Reward Early Offer Program also considers your HSC results, giving you another chance and more time to work on enhancing your performance in Legal Studies and your other subjects, not to mention the possibility of having adjustment factors applied to your selection rank at some of those universities, giving you a higher chance of receiving an offer through standard ATAR-based entry.

I hope this helps! :D

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
No, it wouldn’t impact your chances - you would also need to think about the results in your other subjects. I know people who didn’t do legal studies and got early entry into law.

HSC Legal Studes and Law in uni is very different.

carrotsss

HSC
No, it wouldn’t impact your chances - you would also need to think about the results in your other subjects. I know people who didn’t do legal studies and got early entry into law.

HSC Legal Studes and Law in uni is very different.
Some universities do care about legal studies results (eg WSU) but yeah most don’t care that much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)