• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Lol what in actual F*ck? (1 Viewer)

Ignorantt

HSC
I just got my trail results back and ive been tinkering with the matrix ATAR calculator and i got a estimate of around 82.5 but after seeing what marks will get me what ATAR it shows that i would get a atar of 40 if i got 30% in each subject...isnt that a bit generous? its making it seem asif my 82.5 is not estimated right if getting 30% in all subjects leads to 40 ATAR, how reliable is Matrix?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You have to remember that the estimate is usually done with aligned marks, so a raw mark of 30% would probably be bumped up to 60-65 anyway, with that said, Matrix does provide a relatively accurate estimate with the final HSC marks, so you wont get a proper estimate with raw marks.

AND not really generous, that's what 35-40k people between 40-80 atar or somewhere around there

enoilgam

HSC
Putting your raw trial marks into the calculator wont get you an accurate estimate. Those marks are aligned and moderated significantly before they are finalised for your HSC. Those calculators are designed mainly to give you an idea of the HSC marks needed for a certain ATAR or to give you an estimate on the day you get your HSC results. If you want an accurate estimate, post your rankings in each subject and school ranking on BOS.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you want a good, solid estimate of what your ATAR could be - make a post in the Guidance forums with your school rank and internal ranks and we can help you out.

Those ATAR calculators are of little use to you right now - especially because you probably have little idea of how your final HSC marks will look like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)