• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Low atar (1 Viewer)

hscrabbit

HSC
Hi everyone. I've been really lazy throughout the year and don't think I'll make the cutoff for my desired course and uni. Is anyone here in the same position? If so, would you do the same course at a lower-end uni, like UWS and then transfer? Or would you do a different course that has a lower ATAR requirement at your desired uni and then transfer? :eek2:

Glorious

HSC
I think do it within the same uni. I've heard it's sort of harder to transfer from uni to uni. Not sure, but I'd stay on the safe side and do a course that requires a lower ATAR within the same uni.

Btw, what are you planning on doing?

hscrabbit

HSC
yeah, i heard it was hard to transfer uni to uni as well. I want to get into commerce at mac, but it looks like im going to UWS....:uhoh:

Glorious

HSC
yeah, i heard it was hard to transfer uni to uni as well. I want to get into commerce at mac, but it looks like im going to UWS....:uhoh:
Ohhhh, ok... hmmm, not sure. Do what you feel is best. What if you try hard at UWS for a year then transfer? Just take it seriously and you should be fine... It might hit you that you need to try hard because you're at uni.. but depends on you and if you're willing to study enough and not get lazy.

Dylanamali

HSC
UWS FTW! whose going to be joining me at parramatta campus next year? :D

hscrabbit

HSC
Ohhhh, ok... hmmm, not sure. Do what you feel is best. What if you try hard at UWS for a year then transfer? Just take it seriously and you should be fine... It might hit you that you need to try hard because you're at uni.. but depends on you and if you're willing to study enough and not get lazy.
Yeahh, i've learnt my lesson and will take uni seriously!!! thanks :smile:

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
You need a GPA of 4-4.5 to transfer into BBC at Macq from BBC at UWS. That's a credit average and is VERY easy to achieve.

I was deciding between UWS and Macq last year as UWS was 5 mins away from my house while Macq was 2.5 hours away (1 way). I chose UWS due to its close proximity but I'm having doubts as to whether I should transfer or not. I've asked them and they said with my GPA I'm guaranteed for transfer into Macq (as well as UTS) but idk, I prefer waking up 10 minutes before a lecture and getting there with 2 or 3 minutes to spare haha.

Macq only look at one semester of your results. So, either semester 1 or semester 2. You submit whichever you want.

I don't really see any point in doing a totally different course at the same uni so you can transfer internally to the course of your choice. Why bother being a year behind your studies when you can do the exact same course at a different university and transfer after 1 year?

uirate

HSC
I think do it within the same uni. I've heard it's sort of harder to transfer from uni to uni. Not sure, but I'd stay on the safe side and do a course that requires a lower ATAR within the same uni.

Btw, what are you planning on doing?
even if the course with the lower ATAR is totally different to the course you plan on transferring to?

xxsupababexx

HSC
Tbh, ATAR doesn't really matter. I made a choice to do B. Midwifery at UWS instead of Aeronautical Engineering/Law at USYD because I felt it better suited my desire to move into Corporate Finance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)