• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

main round offers (1 Viewer)

Sambam429

HSC
Can you still get offers in the main round if you've already accepted one in the early round offers? And should I wait to enroll in case I do?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Always accept your offer and enrol even if you are wanting an offer in a later round.

Your earlier offer may lapse if you don't. It's fairly easy to unenrol if you then receive a later offer.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Always accept your offer and enrol even if you are wanting an offer in a later round.

Your earlier offer may lapse if you don't. It's fairly easy to unenrol if you then receive a later offer.
Okay, how about this.

I got an offer in the main round but it isn't my desired course, but at the same time I would like it to stay on the side because I wanna back come to it if I didn't get into my desired course in the rounds after the main rounds.

if that possible.

CTon

HSC
Okay, how about this.

I got an offer in the main round but it isn't my desired course, but at the same time I would like it to stay on the side because I wanna back come to it if I didn't get into my desired course in the rounds after the main rounds.

if that possible.
Same thing applies. Accept the offer because there is no guarantee you'll get another. If you get what you want in a later round, then you un-enroll from what you previously enrolled in.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
So to make sure, I get course X early offer. I accept it. Then I change my X early offer to 2nd preference and I bring course Y to 1st preference. Assuming I meet the atar requirement for Y course I can enrol in either course X or Y right?

tyzzefloro

HSC
^ do we keep what we have accepted in our prefs? Also how is the process of unenrolling just a phone call?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I
^ do we keep what we have accepted in our prefs? Also how is the process of unenrolling just a phone call?
Nope. As soon as they have recorded your acceptance, you can remove it. Ensure they acknowledge your acceptance before you change your prefs!

For your second question, all universities have different methods of unenrolment. If you want to unenroll, call the admin people and they'll tell you what you should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
So to make sure, I get course X early offer. I accept it. Then I change my X early offer to 2nd preference and I bring course Y to 1st preference. Assuming I meet the atar requirement for Y course I can enrol in either course X or Y right?
Yes. Ensure you accept whatever offer you get first as someone said earlier there is no guarantee you'll get offered course Y. Also, enrol in your course, even though it was course X as soon as possible as some universities open their tutorial registrations and all that early. It'll aid you in getting your preferred time slots and all that. You can easily unenrol in course X if you do get Y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)