• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Major project (1 Viewer)

prinzess_emmy

Mine is due the first week back after these holidays and i havent even started writing. My teacher is the worst, we havent even had to hand in any drafts she just said to email her over the holidays if we need anything. We never actually got a sheet outlining exactly what we had to do. If someone could help me out with how exactly to set out the essay and what it has to contain it would be very much appreciated im very stressed at the moment!! I WANT THIS YEAR TO BE OVER DAMMIT!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Be mroe specific with what you need help with. What is your project? What sort of interpretations are you looking at? Have you written a synopsis?

1. Use the search engine on BoS

2. Check the real board of studies site for the syllabus

HSC
I think what the history extension teachers are looking for are a variety of interpretations...don't get caught up the issues of history; you want the issues of how history has been seen (ie historioraphy)....Um, they don;t expect you to draw some far-out fancy conclusion for the next universtiy medal, all they want for u is to show that there are many interpretations of one event. You can kinda sit on the fence, thats what I did, and it worked! :D
Try to strucutre your question so that it will deal with the interpretations, that helps a lot.
Good luck!
What is your project on, btw?

prinzess_emmy

It's on Jack the Ripper and my focus question is "Who was Jack the Ripper?" I'm looking at different historians/writers opinions of who was responsible for the murders and what is it that influences their opinions. Well thats what i was thinking anyway..

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
What sort of research have you done so far? How many historical opinons have you gathered? Can be catagorised and grouped or paired in any way?

Since you seem to be at square one :p, maybe listing the differnt opinons you have gathered (from books, artciles, movies whatever) and then making BRIEF notes on the contexts of the historians is a good start. Think back to historiography. Purpose? Bias? blah blah...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)