• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Missing tuts- 2 or 3 allowed? (1 Viewer)

myst

HSC
Hi,

Just wanted to confirm how many tuts ur allowed to miss. It said on my unit outline, must attend 80% tuts.

Does that mean Im allowed to miss 2 and on the 3rd time i give a doctor's certificate?

Plus, how do i give the docs certificate? Do i just physically hand it to my tutor or unit coordinator? Which one? Do i need to fill some papers or somethin?

Thanks

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Question 1: Yes, because if you have 13 tutes (although some classes are different) missing three puts you below 80%.

Question 2: I have never handed one in but have seen others, usually if you just show your tutor they will make a note of it on their roll or if they need to keep it they might. You could also ask your tutor what the protocol is, in case it differs from faculty to faculty.Either way do it sooner rather than later because during exam time it will get busy and you don't want to fail for no reason.

L

LaraB

myst said:
Hi,

Just wanted to confirm how many tuts ur allowed to miss. It said on my unit outline, must attend 80% tuts.

Does that mean Im allowed to miss 2 and on the 3rd time i give a doctor's certificate?

Plus, how do i give the docs certificate? Do i just physically hand it to my tutor or unit coordinator? Which one? Do i need to fill some papers or somethin?

Thanks
you give it to your tutor or unit coord - ask which they prefer.

If you're handing them in now for like... weeks ago, don't expect any sympathy because you're meant to hand them in as soon as you're back in class.

If it was recent, it's all fine.

dilroy

HSC
I know a lot of people (including myself) who don't even attend tutes or have missed more than 4. Does UWS go hard on you for doing this? Cause I think I've missed about 4-5 classes for Marketing Principles. And for my Managing People @ Work unit, there is an average of 8 students per tute while there is meant to be like 15 or so.

I'm only in first year so I've got no clue.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Two max and the third with a doc's cert. As for who to give the cert to, I'd give the original to your tutor but keep a photocopy incase.

j_davo24

HSC
dilroy said:
I know a lot of people (including myself) who don't even attend tutes or have missed more than 4. Does UWS go hard on you for doing this? Cause I think I've missed about 4-5 classes for Marketing Principles. And for my Managing People @ Work unit, there is an average of 8 students per tute while there is meant to be like 15 or so.

I'm only in first year so I've got no clue.
Depends on the attitude of the tutor. If they are in a generous mood they'll overlook it. If not, guess what? Your doing the unit again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)