• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

need crutches, where to get them (1 Viewer)

iversion

HSC
N/A
does anyone know how i can get a pair of crutches?
ive sprained my ankle... its not too bad but i still dont wanna put any weight on it cos its quite painful.
how do i get a pair? i dont wanna have to see a doctor
thanks

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
pharmacy..

see a GP get an xray...or u might have fucked it up ugly.. dun be cheap.. cos u might need physio..

HSC
probably should put your foot in the ice bucket, get all the swelling down first. if it still hurts somethings wrong so you probably do have to check it out.

iversion

HSC
N/A
thanks for the help. ill just keep resting, icing and elevating for another 48 hrs and see if the swelling and pain goes down. not the best thing to happen rite before 10 weeks of continuous uni

HSC
that's the best thing to do at this point in time. because even if something is wrong and the swelling hasn't gone down, it won't be picked up on the xrays (that well, if at all)

boris

Banned
HSC
you can usually rent them from hospitals, etc...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
watatank said:
that's the best thing to do at this point in time. because even if something is wrong and the swelling hasn't gone down, it won't be picked up on the xrays (that well, if at all)
errr... tats only true for some fractures of the hand..

u just want to rule out a foot fracture.. in case u should be gettin a cast..

boris

Banned
HSC
hahaha.
i knew a doofus once who broke their foot but didnt want to go to the doctor, so they walked around for 2 weeks before giving in.

rozymisty

HSC
You cant get them from hospitals unless your a patient and the physios order you a pair to rent from places like Think Mobility.

just go to your chemist and get a pair, pretty cheap to rent.

Im going to get a pair when i get my toenail removed coz i know how painful it is to walk on the side of the foot constantly and this time i will have more bandages so yeah. Pretty cool crutches, unless you need them for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)