• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

no sound (1 Viewer)

littleman

HSC
sorry bout making another post with my problems but this one only just occured

once again my dad was trying to install his allmighty tv tuner card, which screws up the cd driver and sound driver every time he does it. (3rd time was today :mad: )

I used to be able to uninstall sound driver and cd-drive driver from the device manager and that would fix the problem. I try to update the sound driver and i get a mesage saying the driver is the most recent one avaliable. speakers are plugged in and working btw. XP wont let me do a system restore for some unknown reason.

could you please help....the wirring of the fans is getting rather annoying

littleman

HSC
the sound card is an intel(r)82801 AA AC'97 Audio Controller.
the tv tuner card is a Leadtek winfast XP 2000. i dont need to worry about the tuner card as i dont want it in the computer. as for the fans...thats all i have to listen to as i have no sound except for the occasional PC beep

a21414

HSC
have you tried going into volume control to check if the tv tuner software turned the volume down or muted it?

the next thing would be to check the configuration of the tv tuners software and seeing if the volume is at a reasonable level there.

also, have you tried the tuner in a different pci slot. you should generally fill the slots from the lowest to the highest in that order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)