• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NSW taxes (1 Viewer)

Riewe

HSC
With this recent land tax controversy, it got me thinking. People want to pay less and less money to the government, especially state (no stamp duty, no land tax, no speeding fines etc), but then they are about the first to complain about no money for hospitals, schools, roads etc. Then the media have a go at Michael Egan for delivering a deficit budget, but forget that spending as increased, along with pay packets for public servants, especially teachers, and while this extra spending is good, people want more spending, but are less willing to give money to them to spend it on these things.

With recent media attention to the Carr government, it seems that most people are greedy bastards who don't want to give anything back to the community in way of taxes.

ac/dc

HSC
N/A
people have the same attitude towards the feds too
people want low interest rates, but go out and spend big with their credit cards...pushing up aggregate demand for G&S which leads to increased inflation and upward pressure on interest rates

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I think people are pretty untrusting of the Carr government and with good reason. They have spent tax payer dollars on some ridiculous shit.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Grobus said:
I think people are pretty untrusting of the Carr government and with good reason. They have spent tax payer dollars on some ridiculous shit.
like what?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Keep in mind most ppl u meet are fucking stupid and ignorant, this is why they want more shit done while paying less

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)