• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Physics vs Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Killua101

HSC
Is it just me it is physics module 1 way harder than the chem module 1. Seriously doing hsc chem questions were a breeze while physics nearly killed me, up to a point where I felt like giving up (also I'm more of a maths person)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Is it just me it is physics module 1 way harder than the chem module 1. Seriously doing hsc chem questions were a breeze while physics nearly killed me, up to a point where I felt like giving up (also I'm more of a maths person)
HSC Physics Module 1 (Space) is mainly just subbing numbers into formulas for the quantitative questions. There's some rote learning too, but not as much as the later HSC Physics Modules. Meanwhile, HSC Chemistry Module 1 (Production of Materials) is almost entirely rote-based. Similar story with the other HSC Chemistry Modules.

helloimyellow

HSC
Production of materials is not as content heavy as some of the other modules (chemical monitoring and management and industrial chem if that is your option) and can be considered as one of the 'easier' modules, so that may be why you find it easier. physics is a doozy though

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Production of materials is not as content heavy as some of the other modules (chemical monitoring and management and industrial chem if that is your option) and can be considered as one of the 'easier' modules, so that may be why you find it easier. physics is a doozy though
'Doozy' in what way haha? As in easy, or hard? (Could be either since according to Google, 'doozy' means 'something outstanding or unique of its kind.').

helloimyellow

HSC
'Doozy' in what way haha? As in easy, or hard? (Could be either since according to Google, 'doozy' means 'something outstanding or unique of its kind.').
I probably used it wrong, I swear it meant something else (testament to my english abilities lol). I just never understood it, granted I never attempted it (except for a bit in 4u mechanics) but when I see my friends do phys it seems so foreign..

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I probably used it wrong, I swear it meant something else (testament to my english abilities lol). I just never understood it, granted I never attempted it (except for a bit in 4u mechanics) but when I see my friends do phys it seems so foreign..
Yeah it's nothing like HSC 4U Mechanics. One way to put it is that people like Einstein would probably have failed it (ironic, as there's parts of the course about Einstein. Just not enough about his physics. Haha.).

leehuan

HSC
Everyone has different feelings about the topic. But like InteGrand noted, it's due to the nature of them. Personally I also found PoM harder to put up with than space (minus relativity that was ew).

But why are you comparing? At the same time I also found M&G much more awkward to put up with than AE (second module).

Then I found CM&M ridiculous compared to I2I despite how hard I2I was on occasion, and then astro and industrial chem were both chaos.

Last edited:

Killua101

HSC
doing hsc paper now, i personally found chem so much easier than physics. Idky, i think it just might be, but like every single physics hsc question i had to think hard about it, whereas chem i straightaway knew what i had to do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)