• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PLaying hard to Get (2 Viewers)

CoffeeBeans

is bored
HSC
has this been posted b4?

wat do u think about it? wat is hard and wat is tooo hard?

Collin

HSC
N/A
I actually like it when some girls play hard to get, but they have to do it right so that they don't repel you. Sometimes they think they're playin hard to get but they don't even hint at all that there's the slightest chance they actually do like ya.. and of course in that situation I would just think that they don't like me and move on. But provided the girl does it right, it can really make people like myself just want them that much more.

Flirt with them in a subtle way, and give out discreet flirtacious hints.. don't make the guy feel like shit or make it seem like you're way out of his league, then he'll just get bored and leave. Just before you part with them each time you see them, say or/and do something somewhat flirtatious to them which will make them think about you until the next time they see you. Remember, when flirting it's more about the TONE you say stuff, i.e HOW you say it, rather than what you say.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
JKDDragon said:
I actually like it when some girls play hard to get, but they have to do it right so that they don't repel you. Sometimes they think they're playin hard to get but they don't even hint at all that there's the slightest chance they actually do like ya.. and of course in that situation I would just think that they don't like me and move on. But provided the girl does it right, it can really make people like myself just want them that much more.

Flirt with them in a subtle way, and give out discreet flirtacious hints.. don't make the guy feel like shit or make it seem like you're way out of his league, then he'll just get bored and leave. Just before you part with them each time you see them, say or/and do something somewhat flirtatious to them which will make them think about you until the next time they see you. Remember, when flirting it's more about the TONE you say stuff, i.e HOW you say it, rather than what you say.
Wise words curtis

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i think it is fun especially if you are not interested in the person, but risky cause sometimes they wont wait and move to someone who looks like they care more (but then they arent worth it i guess)

alien

HSC
yeah hard to get is very so so. i don't mess with it =S

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
When it's too hard:

- It's been more than a whole frikin year of this cherade

- He/She's has endless past experiences he/she needs to face, and has to talk to you about what went wrong in each past relationship and you have to endlessly say "let it go" and "you deserve better"

- When he/she says all that "I'm never going to fall in love again" crap

- When he/she's going out with six guys/girls at once

- When she/he has gotten/had sex with you a hundred times and says "We're just friends"

Collin

HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
Flirting if you're not interested sounds like a very shallow and immature thing to do.
This isn't about flirting if you're not interested. It's about flirting in a very subtle way, which may perhaps seem like you're not interested. Big difference really.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
as they say the chase is more interesting than the catch :p

i think thats the reason why ppl do it.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Butterfly Kissz said:
as they say the chase is more interesting than the catch :p

i think thats the reason why ppl do it.
The chase can be fun, but ultimately the catch is the thing you have been chasing for and wanted.
I'd be more than happy to get the catch in the end. Afterall its what I've been after.

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
This is the wanting what you can't have topic all over again.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
The chase can be fun, but ultimately the catch is the thing you have been chasing for and wanted.
I'd be more than happy to get the catch in the end. Afterall its what I've been after.

mmm true... but i think.. the chase is more fun in terms of the stuff that happens along the way.. in the end when u get what u want. its like. well i got it and after a while when the honeymoon period is ova the thrill is gone... its all part of the hard to get thing i guess..

so many guys i know feel that way. that the chase is the best bit. cuz once u get the girl, the effort kinda dims down a bit. not saying its all gone and it differs with many but yeh...

GSTARRAW

I'm a strong hater of hard to get, only if its not in my favour and i really want something. If the power of playing is in my hands though it's quite fun. My ex used to play hard to get with me all the time and still does now even when we're not together (hooking up again tho YAY!). It shits me to bits because i always play the game and get frustrated!!!

I want to reverse it though and play the game with her, anyone got any ideas they can throw my way?

Keen

MD
HSC
I have to say it's a game you have to play.
It keeps the attraction going and that's really important. And yeah it can be really frustrating - I know. But I guess you hope that it'll work out if it's suppose to be, but I guess you have to be able to put in the effort (but be able to play the game too). If she's playing hard to get, act cool, don't beg her to give you attention, play the game a little yourself, but don't totally lose sight of her. And all will hopefully be cool.

Keen

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
depends.. some play hard to get.. then i give up and lose interest in them.. then we become friends.. then they bitch to me bout how they use to lik me.. wtf.. srsly.. make ure intentions clear cos if a person doesnt kno.. they are unlikely to ask u out.. cos most ppl hate rejection.. its a human thing.. bah..

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
playing hard to get is stpid,
and really naive girls or complete bitches do it

what do u get out of it??

if u are serious about some one , u shouldnt play games with them

Last edited:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Like girls will flirt and pay their attention to you especially teasing and your habbits but when you try to get close, they just won't let you get near enough, that's physically and mentally...

Plan hard and asking to be ignored is when people act cool and ignore ya...

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i think tis dumb playing stupid games.
and if a guy was "playing hard to get", id just assume hes not interested and move on

but then it is bad to be overly keen as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)