• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question about ranks (1 Viewer)

Jackie D

HSC
Hey im just wondering, since i have pretty ok rankings for everything besides physics, is it possible to actually get a higher score then someone ranked above you? Im not really sure how it works. Im 10/16 for physics, but thats mainly because of pracs which i suck at, so in the exam i expect to get around a top 5 mark. I got 4th in trials quite comfortably. So im basically asking, if i get a good mark and beat most of my class quite easily, will i get a score that reflects it? Thanks for helpin a noobie.

enoilgam

HSC
It is possible to get a higher final mark than people ranked ahead of you internally, provided that you beat them externally (obviously). By the way, what subjects do you do besides physics?

Jackie D

HSC
Oh haha, hey, u replied to me before about the atar estimate. Anyway i do eco, ipt, sor1, advanced eng and maths

mecramarathon

HSC
Hey im just wondering, since i have pretty ok rankings for everything besides physics, is it possible to actually get a higher score then someone ranked above you? Im not really sure how it works. Im 10/16 for physics, but thats mainly because of pracs which i suck at, so in the exam i expect to get around a top 5 mark. I got 4th in trials quite comfortably. So im basically asking, if i get a good mark and beat most of my class quite easily, will i get a score that reflects it? Thanks for helpin a noobie.
It'll reflect in your external (and you have the advantage in performing better in the theory)

Internals relies on moderation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)