• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Questions about Equity Scholarships (1 Viewer)

ayeelmao

HSC
Hi all, currently a 2015 HSC student. I've suffered significant financial disadvantage and I'm applying for some equity scholarships and just want to know if any current UNSW students have gained equity scholarships purely because of financial disadvantage? Or if financial disadvantage is the only disadvantage you have, is it unlikely you'll get a scholarship? Thank you in advance!

itoki2288

HSC
N/A
Depends on how bad of a financial disadvantage.

That being said, I know a few people who suffered financial setbacks in the HSC and were told by their school authority that it isn't really a solid grounds for an equity scholarship, unless really good grades and other activities despite your circumstance.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi all, currently a 2015 HSC student. I've suffered significant financial disadvantage and I'm applying for some equity scholarships and just want to know if any current UNSW students have gained equity scholarships purely because of financial disadvantage? Or if financial disadvantage is the only disadvantage you have, is it unlikely you'll get a scholarship? Thank you in advance!
ye i did, think its dependant on how many apply, pretty much u will be lowest priority however

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)