• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rankings (1 Viewer)

MathsIsWeird

HSC
i know there are posts like this elsewhere but not in this specific context, i hear of pple getting 1st as a rank but if your in the top 3 ranks in every subject would that count towards anything with a major shift in its outcome or not.
Oh and their is only about 10 students in each class so not sure if this will become a factor:confused:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
MathsIsWeird said:
i know there are posts like this elsewhere but not in this specific context, i hear of pple getting 1st as a rank but if your in the top 3 ranks in every subject would that count towards anything with a major shift in its outcome or not.
Oh and their is only about 10 students in each class so not sure if this will become a factor:confused:
haha what`re you saying exactly .. can you rephrase it a bit :)

are you saying that : as long as you're in the top 3 , then you're not affected by how well your grade does ?

cos if thats what youre trying to ask then : at highly ranked schools , as competition is really high , the difference in marks between ranks isn't that big whereas at schools which aren't in the top 200 , coming first is important as not as many students there do well.

not sure if thats what you wanted to ask though :p

Jay12

HSC
heyy
i just wanted to ask what about in my situation were we only have like 19 students in the whole grade and were gunna be the first year 12s in our school coz its new and all ......and we only have about 5 or maximum 8 in a subject.... we even have a subject were theres only 2 people :) ??? what about the rankings and will the number of students effect how everyone goes or sumfin??? is it similar to what you said ??? and is it true that if sumone gets really high and the rest of the class doesnt get a good mark .. then will the person who got the high mark get dropped down with the rest of the class or is it the other way around???

helper

HSC
N/A
The first position is pegged, so they will not be pulled down by the rest of the class.

With small groups they look at them differently because of the statistical analysis isn't valid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)