• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

RC Helicopters (1 Viewer)

jasondf

HSC
Just wondering if anyone else is addicted to flying helis?

Jason

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Are RC helicopters the same as those things you see in lots of shopping centres usually promoted/sold at one of those small booths for like $50-$60? Or do you mean the professional RC helicopters?

jasondf

HSC
I mean the professional ones, the setup I fly costs probably 1.5K all up - its worth it though.

Jason

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Very dangerous. And insurance and everything cost to much. Plus you have to fly them in a designated area

pman

Banned
HSC
Nah, RC heli's arn't that dangerous, Jason, you need to get into electric gliders, much more fun...and much more expensive!

Still, 400kph straight and level with a model is pretty awesome....

I actually know the guy who holds some of the distance records for RC heli's...They fly them down public (dirt) roads standing out the sun roof to get distance, he went to the york worlds shown in the video below, as did my father....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o4RrR2E1p2k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o4RrR2E1p2k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

That clips from 04 world champs, we get about 20% more speed now

computers playing up, both are the same

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)