• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Repeating a passed unit. (1 Viewer)

bimatty

HSC
If you repeat a passed unit, and get a credit, distinction or high distinction, what happens?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You get that credit/distinction/high distinction and it goes down on your transcript that you repeated that passed unit, what else.

Also you pay more/become more liable for hecs

bimatty

HSC
You get that credit/distinction/high distinction and it goes down on your transcript that you repeated that passed unit, what else.

Also you pay more/become more liable for hecs
What I mean is, does it override the original result, or is listed independently?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
95% sure it does not override the original result; crappy grades can't be removed from your transcript. Would be good if someone could say for sure though.

EDIT:

Units where a pass grade (PC or a P) was awarded
Students can only count the credit points of a successfully completed unit once. Any student
who chooses to re-enrol into a previously completed unit will have both grades included in their
GPA calculation, but only one set of credit points will be awarded for the unit. Both attempts
will also appear on the student’s academic transcript.
It is not recommended that students repeat a unit in which they have previously received a
pass grade.

Last edited:

Atlas

HSC
N/A
What I mean is, does it override the original result, or is listed independently?
The transcript never lies - it will show both results. Wished that it could be overridden though!

bimatty

HSC
The transcript never lies - it will show both results. Wished that it could be overridden though!
Me too, lol. So say, you get a 63 the first time, then a 65, it does increase your GPA? I guess that that's good, but yes, it would be better if it just overtook it.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Me too, lol. So say, you get a 63 the first time, then a 65, it does increase your GPA? I guess that that's good, but yes, it would be better if it just overtook it.
Both marks will be used in the GPA calculation, so your new result and old results will count. I wish it wasn't the case, this one fail keeps dragging all of my GPA down :(

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yup, as stated you can't get rid of it from your transcript. Both will show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)