• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

schoolies 08 at fiji? (1 Viewer)

s19310

HSC
Hey i am going to fiji in tha 2nd week, just wondering is it a good place for schoolies? and who else iz going?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
You wont find much outside Nadi and Suva and the resorts. If you can get out to some of the smaller islands, or around the coral coast, it's awesome there. I went for work and our conference group got a free island day trip to Mala Mala Island. Massive lunch banquet, snorkelling, fishing, kayaking. That's the kind of stuff you want to be doing in Fiji. I didn't go out clubbing, because apparently it's pretty much non-existent (or a far cry from club environments here).

When I was there, I stayed over near Port Denarau at the Westin. That was freaking awesome.

Fijian's are really nice, laid back. But Nadi and Suva in the city, you'll find all the shops are run by Indians. They love your money.

Where are you looking at staying?

Last edited:
Reactions: QZP

s19310

HSC
yer man i am thinking of staying at either the shangri- la resort or mango bay resort, which is better?

Reactions: QZP

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
s19310 said:
yer man i am thinking of staying at either the shangri- la resort or mango bay resort, which is better?
Note sure. Havent stayed at either resorts.

They both look of similar quality, so just depends if you like the Shangri-La branding. Personally, i'd go with the Shangri-La.

Just make sure you tip the cleaning ladies if you spew in your room. They're only paid about $2 an hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)