• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Shit ranks but good hsc mark? (1 Viewer)

Lemonlime

HSC
I have a few questions to ask you guys :/

1) If you got average to bad ranks, but did fairly well in the HSC what would happen?

2) Last 3u math assessment result was 30%. I should probably drop it, shouldnt, I? IT'S TOO MUCH WORK!! And plus my ranking was bad..

3) If I dropped to 2u math, that would leave me with 10 units (risky and no safety net!!), but my ranks for the rest of my subjects are generally not good. Trying hard to lift up the ranks :'(

enoilgam

HSC
1) Sorry to sound so blunt, but your question is too vague and near impossible to answer. There are just too many variables to consider and your scenario is difficult to quantify. What are "average to bad" ranks, and what is "good" in the HSC - those terms are too non specific and subjective.

2) If your dedicating too much time to 3 unit and not getting good results, then you should consider dropping it.

3) If you dont really think that 3 unit will count to your ATAR then it isnt much of a safety net anyway. If your strong in 11+ units, then its a good idea to keep a backup.

heyelsiemae

HSC
If you have shit ranks and shit marks, it makes it very very difficult to come out of the hsc with a good ATAR. It all depends on your school's overall academic performance and your 'shit' ranks may vary to the board of studies interpretation.
What i'm trying to say is, you can always make up for lost ground but it's very hard, just study super hard for trials and instead of attending all those 'awesome' 18th's, study non-stop for your final exam.
Just have an objective, i write the ATAR i want on my hand, so everyday i'm working i remind myself i'm working for something. Maybe you can think of something that motivates you?
If you're in the Band 4-5 range, that's a 60/70 mark, if lower you're in deep water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)