• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I drop physics, leaving me with 10 units? (1 Viewer)

jasmineleighb

HSC
I am currently doing extension 2 maths, advanced English, chemistry, PDHPE and physics. Compared to everyone in my school (which isn't very many) I'm doing very well, coming first in all except English in which I am ranked second. However my marks for physics and chemistry are quite low (in 70s for chem and lower for physics), the thing is I hate physics!!! I've always hated physics but have kept with it anyway but I'm beginning to think that it is stopping me from doing well in chemistry. I want an atar of at least 94 to get into medicine, and yes I realise my chemistry mark needs to be MUCH higher and I think I can do it if I drop physics (especially considering my dad is a chemist and can help tutor me a lot). I'm really worried about only having 10 units though, but I think physics will consume too much of my time, especially if it doesn't even end up counting... What do you guys think?

iBibah

HSC
What he said ^^

You should defs drop if you hate it + you already know it probably won't count.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Drop it. You are not getting any benefits or rewards from doing more than the bare minimum

enoilgam

HSC
Dont focus too much on the raw marks, because they are moderated. However, if you really think that you can do better without it, then drop it. You are doing consistently well across the board, so it isnt a risky decision, especially at this point in the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)