• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

should i drop to senior science from chem? (1 Viewer)

gg1994

HSC
N/A
got my half yearlies back and got 35% which is shocking. should i drop to senior science? will i be able to catch up/get a good mark in it. anyone have experience with this?
i also did shit in 2u maths cause you know learn crap, study from text book, walk in exams and think wtf. lol, probably going to get a better mark in 3u than 2u when you balance out the hardness of 3u compared to 2u.. lol anyways, should i drop to senior science which will give me more time to focus on maths or should i drop to general and focus more on chem? i probably do better in maths because its more of just knowing how to do every question under the sun, but i hate both subjects. and i cant drop chem all together cause i have 11 u... help!

madharris

HSC
N/A
imo, you should ask your maths and chemistry teacher/ heads of department what to do as they know your potential, previous marks and ranks.
You should also read the syllabus for senior science and maybe ask some people who went from chem to senior science if it was worth it or not. Senior science scales pretty bad, you will need an amazing mark to do well in it.

Maybe it's just a case of not studying enough, and if you studied more you could be doing a lot better in chem. You should also think of what you want to do after school and if dropping to general maths or senior science will affect that.

What ever you do, whether you move to general maths or senior science, you will have to work hard in order to obtain a good mark and learn the course you have missed out on as well

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think seeing as you have missed half the HSC course of general and senior science respectively, it could possbily be more work to catch up on half a yar's work than working on your current subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)