• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Six Pack and Bloating (1 Viewer)

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Alright: I'm 18, 5'7 (170cm), 56 kilos and have been going to gym hoping to get some definition...in particular around the stomach area, I'm craving that hard-to-achieve six pack. My personal trainer has told me because I am already 'skinny', it shouldn't be that hard for me to get one....problem is, whenever I eat something (particularly wheat-stuff) my stomach swells up like a balloon! Even just now, I woke up and my stomach was flat as hell, then I drank some water and....it didn't get that much bigger, yeah but it certainly wasn't flat anymore......but I am definetly more concerned about when I eat a bowl of oatmeal or a tuna sandwich and my stomach gets ridiculously big, and these are healthy foods!

And I've been told I have to eat every 2 to 3 hours, one of the reasons being that I'm borderline underweight (which I don't buy, but whatever) so therefore the bloating doesn't really get a chance to subside which my personal trainer said it should....won't this definetly prevent me from having a visible six pack even if I do all the workouts and eat healthy if I just keep bloating after everytime I eat? Is there anything I can do or something I can take that'll prevent my stomach from expanding so much?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You're borderline underweight. Your BMI is 19.6 (underweight is about 18.5). =\
As for the bloating - have you perhaps talked to a doctor/physician? Have you asked the personal trainer what you can -do- about the bloating?

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Wow, when you put it in numbers....I didn't realize I was that borderline underweight.

I've yet to see a doctor about it..I've seen a dietician, she suggested said it might be food intolerances. And all my personal trainer said it should subside, I probably should bring it up again.

HSC
You can still get signs of bloatiness with a 6 pack lol. Nothing you can do really, it's just how your body reacts. Don't stress about it.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
56kg's? Thats tiny. Apparently fluid retention tablets can help with bloating. Just go see a doctor.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
could be a bloating problem, but it's normal for the stomach area to increase in size after eating food (derr).

also, breathe through your chest, not your stomach (if that's what you do).

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Okay, so you should first try to solve your stomach problem. This bloating/gas is troublesome..

Why don't you change your diet a bit and see if any changes occur!

HSC
Bloating may indicate an allergic reaction to something that's in your food, like gluten. Talk to your doctor and tell him or her what your diet is like and what food makes you bloat. It's a good idea to keep a food diary and the record the time when you notice bloating and stomach discomfort if you have any.

It's a good idea to get it checked now because food allergies can fuck with nutrition absorption.

Zozo6969

HSC
haha go to a doctor if ur worried dont rely on a personal trainer to give u info about ur health. anyone thats been going to a gym for > 2 years is pretty much a personal trainer. fibre tends to bloat u, stuff with gluten. just start smashin the creatine and ull put the water in the right places

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)