• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Some Questions! (1 Viewer)

Premus

In section 1, if they ask explain
"the way the text engages the reader" are they asking for techniques?

Also, with comic strips, if they ask "Explain how the composer uses TWO visual features to make a COMMENT on this Journey"
what could we use? there are facial expressions....but would a happy face and sad face be two different visual features?

Thanks

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
they are always asking for techniques -- but with your first question they'll look for ones with specific ways that it engages someone -- so techniques like imagery and emotive language.

mood/tone is good if its a poem

i can't answer your second question without a cartoon sorry.

Premus

ok thanks

ill try and give a description of the cartoon....i dont have a scanner :(

Panel One - a man - Big smile on his face is getting out of a plane. on his suitcase it says - "Paris, Rome, London"

Panel Two - Picture of him outside his house - his dog is greeting him and he is happy. A "Welcome Home" poster is on the door.

Panel Three - Is a picture of the outside of his house, with the Door Closed. and the "Welcome Home " poster is still there

Panel Four - the "welcome home" poster is removed. he is leaving his house and he is looks upset and gloomy. on his suitcase it now says " Work, Bills, Laundry"

Explain how the composer uses TWO visual features to make a COMMENT on this Journey

and one other question.....what exactly are they looking for, when they ask for "imagery" ...cause i get confused

thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
With your second question, I'm not sure if you're referring to that past HSC paper which has the cartoon of the little boy playing in the snow with his dad? Anyway, no a happy face and a sad face are not 2 different techniques - they're just the one: facial expression. Depending on the cartoon, another technique might be a change in colour or composition, different framing, etc.

j_e_n_n_a_y

hey
i found a sheet giving a few examples of techniques for visual texts cause i was having a bit of trouble as well. Look for things like this....

EXPRESSION OF IMAGE
-pose
-hand/arm gestures
-facial expression
-costume
-props
-surorundings

INTERACTION
-Framing
-movement
-orientaion
-eye contact

STRUCTURE
-tone/lighting
-angle/movement
-balance
-contrast
-direction
-position
-rhythm
-symbols

Just a few things to look out for
xox Jenny :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)