• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

stuck on option 2 notes (1 Viewer)

littleman

HSC
im making a summary for sport and PA in Aust. society and im stuck on what to put under Government Funding eg. the AIS. the textbooks i have quote dollar amounts from 1999 and how the monedy was divied up, but i want to know if there is anything more to it than that

littleman

HSC
my teacher is not much of a teacher...all he does is summarise the textbook and put that into slide shows.

Can anyone else help?

Cab31

HSC
http://www.boredofstudies.org/cours..._and_Physical_Education_Notes_stephanie:D.doc

that was in the resourses section. Unfortunately there is nothing else in that section for the option you are doing. Check out a few different PE textbooks and study guides (i think macquarie is the best from memory) and try to cross source them to develop a good summary of that area. Sorry i cant help anymore than that but most ppl do option three and four (sports med and improving performance).

littleman

HSC
we got stuck on this as it was a class vote

Cab31 said:
(i think macquarie is the best from...notes cab as i did business studies last year

Cab31

HSC
littleman said:
we got stuck on this as it was a class vote

macquarie is good but it doesnt have this option..wtf :vcross: :vcross: :vcross:

im making my summary from those notes, 2 textbooks, class notes and one of my friends old notes...based on the syllabus. ive got the hang of making notes cab as i did business studies last year
Yeah sorry i meant that maquarie in general was good for PE, i just suggested it assuming that it would have something on the topic. Listen if u cant find anything much on the dot point, dont fret, it usually means that there isnt really much to find on it, and that its unlikely to be tested.

once again sorry for recommending that book but i stress that i didnt do that option and was merely trying to help

littleman

HSC
this is what i ended up with...

Government funding, e.g. the Australian Institute of Sport
Australia’s failure to win a gold medal at Montreal (76) was attributed to the fact that other countries had gov’t funded sports development programs, something which Australia didn’t have

The AIS was setup in 1980 and is continually funded to provide a facility to improve the quality of athletes and their performance

The ASC (Australian Sports Commission) is also gov’t funded and its role is to assist in coordinating the development of sports throughout Aust.

thats wat i got for that point..feel free to criticise it if u want..also can anyone find how much $$$ the ais gets..best i can find is for 98-99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)