• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study vs. sleep (1 Viewer)

matchalolz

HSC
i generally sleep pretty early, around 10:30 til 11pm and then wake up at 6/7. however, i feel as though everyday my concentration dies at around 9 or even 8pm sometimes.. especially on Mondays when i have 10 hours of school (normal school + 4 hours at TAFE afterwards - coz my free periods are spaced out really badly and i have none on Monday) and sometimes on Wednesday when i get home at around 7ish.

when this happens (yesterday) i generally go to sleep and plan to wake up earlier the next day to study, but half the time i'm just not motivated to study and the other half i just wake up with this massive headache which i have right now :(

i was wondering if it's better to just force myself to study til 11 and then go to bed, or if it's just a waste of time if i do this? i concentrate really well at 12/1am but idk if its healthy to go to sleep at 10 and then wake up 2 hours later, study and then go back to sleep?

is there a way to increase my attention/concentration span or is 10 hours of school just too much sometimes? even on other days where i have free periods, i usually do some work in them so it's not like i slack off, but then sometimes i just feel like my brain is so dead. what should i do?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel you:) I have the same problem as well, I would suggest you try to find some way to increase your study efficiency so that you can go to bed at normal hours, I highly don't recommend you sleeping, than waking up, than sleeping again-it will not be good for maintaining your health-which is essential for long term academic success.

integral95

HSC
I hate work, so i just sleep early instead and hope for the best the next day with a fresh mind :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Sleep!

Or find a class which you can occasionally nap in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)