• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sudanese People in Rural Australia (1 Viewer)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
So I live in Rural NSW and a few days ago my car's windshield (which was parked at the kerb) was smashed in by a band of unruly Sudanese hoodlums. This begs the question; does anybody have any idea why there are so many Sudanese people coming out to live in the country lately? Is this specifically government mandated to keep them out of cities, increase the diversity of rural areas or for some other reason? Or do they just come here because it's cheaper?

Last edited:
HSC
where do you live? wagga wagga? griffith?

i havent heard of them causing many problems. and if they are, they are forming a gang mentality due to marginalisation from other members of the community

and stuff

my windscreen was smashed by a bunch of white people?

But i think there are more out here because of cheaper living and jobs for unskilled labour, fruit picking and shit. idk

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
I don't live in Wagga, no.

i havent heard of them causing many problems. and if they are, they are forming a gang mentality due to marginalisation from other members of the community
Why? So everything bad they do is directly the result of discriminatory white people? They were little darlings back in Sudan, I gather? Almost anywhere you find black people, there is a trail of chaos and criminality behind them. I have no reason to expect things are going to be any different here.

Haven't seen many reports on their crime rates as of yet, but don't expect the authorities to be honest about it. I've heard certain suburbs of Perth are being turned into no-go-zones due to muted racial conflict between the Sudanese and Aboriginals.

Last edited:

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
I haven't really seen any as of yet, but we should expect some soon enough, though probably not from the mainstream media. I'm just saying that you shouldn't get your hopes up for their dramatic and spontaneous transformation into "good little Australians"; my money is that there'll be trouble a-brewing.

havent heard of them causing many problem
i heard this i heard that

HalcyonSky

HSC
A TEENAGED Sudanese refugee who was refused a cigarette has been jailed for at least 16 years for the "cowardly" Sydney murder of an innocent bystander. "This was an offence of the most disturbing and senseless kind," Justice Megan Latham said in sentencing the boy in the NSW Supreme Court today.

The youth, who was 15-years-old at the time of the offence and cannot be named, was found guilty of the stabbing murder of Edward Spowart, 54, in the early hours of April 21, 2008, during a brawl in the streets of Granville.

The intoxicated teenager had asked someone in the other group for a cigarette but was rebuffed and told to go home.

"Apparently reacting out of a wounded sense of pride, the offender threw a punch," the judge said.

A brawl then broke out, with various men and youths arming themselves with sticks, bricks and street signs.

"However, Mr Spowart played no active part in that confrontation or in the later hostilities," the judge said.

"He was an innocent bystander who had retreated to the relative safety of a grass verge and was carrying nothing more than a plastic shopping bag when the offender ran towards him with a knife and viciously assaulted him."
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...nocent-bystander/story-e6frfku0-1225869609159

;f

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
There's a sudanese community in Wagga.

They moved out there for work, because the cost of living is cheaper etc. I didn't think they were causing many problems, they've been getting support from Vinnies and the youngest generation was born here.

But I suppose that's because I did a SPARK training thing to work with refugee kids and they tend not to tell you the bad stuff.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I don't live in Wagga, no.

Why? So everything bad they do is directly the result of discriminatory white people? They were little darlings back in Sudan, I gather? Almost anywhere you find black people, there is a trail of chaos and criminality behind them. I have no reason to expect things are going to be any different here.

Haven't seen many reports on their crime rates as of yet, but don't expect the authorities to be honest about it. I've heard certain suburbs of Perth are being turned into no-go-zones due to muted racial conflict between the Sudanese and Aboriginals.
Umm

Native americans (both north/south) were pretty tame until white people settled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)