• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Target interview (1 Viewer)

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I have one for a job as a register operator.
I've never had an interview before!
Has anyone had one for Target, or stores like it, before?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
:( that sucks, what do you think you did wrong? or what were the questions and some of your answers? (you might have a case of what i did - the very first interview i went to i answered the questions and thought nothing of my answers but now that i know what real answers are supposed to be like i laugh at that interview) availability? what were you wearing?

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I was dressed well, and had perfect availability (I was willing to work whenever).
She asked really specific questions like "Can you think of a time when your problem solving abilities..." or "Give me an example of a time when you've..."
She seemed to like me. I had a good report and some awards. The only thing I lack is experience.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I missed a job for floor staff at Target when I was like 15, apparently I was too "academically inclined" bwahahahahaha, what a joke.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
^^ wtf?

Practice the "give me an example" questions next time. Look at the people working there, a lot of them are nothing special, that's why it sucks when they turn perfectly good people away, maybe they had filled all the places by the time your interview came around

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I never got questions like that for my interview??? Maybe ur store was picky? Just apply with heaps of places like Diva, Valley Girl, Woolworths, Sainty, they are all looking for people at Christmas :) Good Luck and I'm sure you'll get it next time :D

Trust me Target isnt that great...I wish I had waited since I got rang up for a Diva interview a week lattz

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
melsc said:
I never got questions like that for my interview??? Maybe ur store was picky? Just apply with heaps of places like Diva, Valley Girl, Woolworths, Sainty, they are all looking for people at Christmas :) Good Luck and I'm sure you'll get it next time :D

Trust me Target isnt that great...I wish I had waited since I got rang up for a Diva interview a week lattz
maybe they had filled all the places by the time your interview came around

I did have my interview in the afternoon of the last day of interviewing. That's a bit of a comfort.

Danoz The Great

HSC
fnkychk said:
I was dressed well, and had perfect availability (I was willing to work whenever).
She asked really specific questions like "Can you think of a time when your problem solving abilities..." or "Give me an example of a time when you've..."
She seemed to like me. I had a good report and some awards. The only thing I lack is experience.
I had questions like that at my Target interview.
When you say lack expierience do you mean that you have'nt had a job before? Or you haven't worked in retail/registers..???

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I haven't had a long-term job at all. I volunteered at the RSPCA for a while and worked at a school book company for a short time.

adambra

HSC
It's bullshit as if they need experience for a register operator. Give the kid a go, I say, sick of these ridiculous employment processes for what is essentially, a part time register job. Dw about it, F*** Target.

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
I was asked one question about quality customer service, i had no idea and the bloke even corrected me but I still got the job so go figure.

Danoz The Great

HSC
adambra said:
It's bullshit as if they need experience for a register operator. Give the kid a go, I say, sick of these ridiculous employment processes for what is essentially, a part time register job. Dw about it, F*** Target.
Come on, you don't know why Target didn't employ her. There might have only been a few vacancies, and other people who applied had registers experience. Trust me, the Target registers do take a while to get used to.

But don't give up your job hunting fnkychk! You will find a job, there'll be something out there for you! :D Be positive!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)