• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Temp Work (1 Viewer)

myst

HSC
hi

Im considering doing some (office/admin) temp work over the uni holidays and was wondering what conditions to look for when I sign the contract at the recruitment agency.

I went for an interview the other day and the consultant said that I was not allowed to accept any other temp jobs from another recruiting agency. I didnt end up signing anything.Is this type of contract too strict?

Any info would be nice, to what conditions I should have, to avoid being ripped off by the recruitment agency.

Thanks

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
myst said:
hi

Im considering doing some (office/admin) temp work over the uni holidays and was wondering what conditions to look for when I sign the contract at the recruitment agency.

I went for an interview the other day and the consultant said that I was not allowed to accept any other temp jobs from another recruiting agency. I didnt end up signing anything.Is this type of contract too strict?

Any info would be nice, to what conditions I should have, to avoid being ripped off by the recruitment agency.

Thanks
Which temp agency did you go to? They sound pretty dodgy since they're telling you that you're not allowed to accept work from other recruitment agencies.
I'm employed to a temp agency (they are the best!). They find me work during my school holidays in my chosen fields ie. medical typing, reception, admin.
I had to sign a contract on the day of my interview. The only terms of employment were that I was representing the agency and that I was employed by them, not by the client. Also I have to fax them my timesheets, etc and all the usual stuff.
On my contract I also had to state the minimum hourly rate/salary I would accept.
The recruitment agency should have their internal employees inspect the workplace of a potential client before offering work to their staff.
Anyway, good luck with your search for holiday work.
If you want to know anything else just post or PM me.

ace

is retired
HSC
yeah i got that from a recruitment agency. the first one i went to, sign this to commit yourself to this agency for xyz duration.

eh, i read the paperwork, there contracts mean shit all.

Hah, i ended up signing with like another 6 agencies :p

I can see it now, agency officers stalking me out :)

Actually the other agencies, didn't have a clause be with us only, but they did consistently ask, are you with any other agency. Sometimes i said i was, sometimes i didn't. It really made no difference.

Considering im currently employed by an agency that i told them i was with another 2 agencies, LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)