• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

There is like 4 classes for one subject... (1 Viewer)

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Most students in my grade chose Biology, and guess what?...around 100 students chose biology..man..for classes..i wish those student who chose biology because they had nothing to chose could have chosen the subjects that arent running next year as the most important subjects are running..such as economics, physics..and..yeah..officially pissed off..

But there is one good catch. The head teacher of science decided along with a long discussion with the rest of the staff, decided that since so many students chose Biology, they are going to split the classes according to the ability of the students. So the smarter students will be grouped in a class, and the rest in order. It makes life so much easier..hooray :)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Meh biology is awesome so dont worry, you can organise physics through correspondence if you need it

dp624

HSC
Lol, um, we had like 7 chem classes

HSC
wow thats heaps! we had 2 bio classes & in total i think there was 29 doing bio. after prelim we dropped to 21 in total doing bio!
business studies is the most popular at our school with 3 classes!

zzzz12345

HSC
We have 5 Chem classes (not as many as 7 but still a few) but only one Biology class right now (we had two during Prelim but now there's only 1 HSC class). Chem is the most popular elective subject at my school (aside from maths (and all extensions) and english extension of course).

Last edited:

zzzz12345

HSC
axlenatore said:
180 kids did bio at my school
Would that have been essentially the whole grade? Wow; Biology was amazingly popular.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
axlenatore said:
180 kids did bio at my school
my school did even have 180, we hovered round the 100 mark.
in yr 11 bio was heaps poular and they had two classes, but then so many dropped (myself included). but they still had two classes cause of diff lines.

HSC
lol
the only subjects (other than english) that had more than one class were senior science and pdhpe.
pdhpe due to numbers
senior science due to lines.

speedofsound

HSC
You'd have to have a lot of kids in your grade for that many classes. We have around 150 and the most classes we have for any subject is 3. Modern and all the sciences.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Well with Business Studies we have 3 classes, however two of them have 35 kids each in them, so they're thinking of splitting 2 of the classes. Therefore potentially we could have 5 business studies classes. Now beat that =)

dp624

HSC
Well we have eight maths classes AND seven english classes AND seven chem classes

=P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)