• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Trials preperation (1 Viewer)

NizDiz

HSC
Hi guys, as I'm sure many of you are aware, trials are coming up. I was just wondering is 4 weeks enough to go well. I do ME1, ME2 Eng. Adv., Phys. and Chem. I want to achieve and atar of at least 90+ and I know its not the 'be all or end all' and the HSC exams count and such, but how many trial papers should I do a day and what marks should I aim for each subject.

Currently,

English 79, rank top 40%, aim Band 5
ME1 80, rank top 25%, aim Band 5
ME5 55, rank top 70%, aim band 3-4
Phys. 63, rank top 50%, aim band 5 (happy with like 78+)
Chem. 65, rank top 45%, aim band 5 (happy with like 78+)

All advice helpful and greatly appreciated, be critical if you have to. Thanks :)

Elisa Sweet

HSC
I reckon for the trials you should maybe do one or two, but make sure you do it so the answers are right rather than have a time limit, and take turns with you subjects

Lul

HSC
The absolute maximum trial papers you should need to do for each subject would be 5. Do 5 at the VERY MAX, and then read over notes. That way, you'll stress less, manage your time effectively and therefore do well, as you are studying and practising perfectly fine. Don't do anything more than 5, otherwise you'll F**k up. When i say f**k up, i mean you will start to confuse sh*t all over the place.

RishBonjour

HSC
The absolute maximum trial papers you should need to do for each subject would be 5. Do 5 at the VERY MAX, and then read over notes. That way, you'll stress less, manage your time effectively and therefore do well, as you are studying and practising perfectly fine. Don't do anything more than 5, otherwise you'll F**k up. When i say f**k up, i mean you will start to confuse sh*t all over the place.
There is no golden rule mate. For maths feel free to do more, for subjects like physics - you can do a few and learn ways to answer etc with marking guidelines, rather than just doing it for the sake of it. Learn from the mistakes you make in each trial paper and make note of them so you don't do them again.

v1

HSC
6 weeks
1, ME1 and ME2 everyday
1, PHYS/CHEM alternating everyday
dont just do them look at marking guidelines and learn from your mistakes

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
lol wot?

Doing past papers would be more effective in terms of study rather then reading over notes, after all you need to be able to put your knowledge into practice, not simply remember it in dot point format.

NizDiz

HSC
thanks guys :), much appreciated, and makematics, obviously a error there hahaha :)

HSC
i think for humanities you need to remember alot of info, especially quotes, primary/secondary information, case studies, etc. So I think doing alot of past papers is good :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)