• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni Diary Size (1 Viewer)

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
Ok so I'm assuming people use a diary at uni to record assessments or whatever you call them. Yes I am a noob :p So how big do you need them to be? Is there a lot to keep track of for uni-related work etc....?

And yes I'm freakishly organised because I wanna buy my 2008 diary like now :p and I wanna know how big it should be.... like how many lines per day?

Thank uuuuuu

Don't laugh :p :)

cutiebabyforeva

HSC
Without Wings said:
Personally I just use the free diary that my uni gives me as it is organised to suit the uni semester and has all the uni info/dates already in it. It's A5 size.
Ohh right do they give a free one at every uni?
Hmmmm but that means I have to wait til February until I have a diary :S lol I need organisation!

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
I didnt use a diary. Rather i had a A4 notepad which i weekly put my assesments and stuff that were due. I find a diary to be very complicated so using a notepad was the best i could also dot down points and stuff that would help with the assesments.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I used the free diary UNSW gave out. I'm not really a diary person I guess...just wrote when my assessments were due and that's about it.

cutiebabyforeva

HSC
Tulipa said:
You could always buy a dinky little 08 diary to fill in other things and then use the uni diary when you get to uni.

You won't have any assignment dates before you get the uni diary, trust me.
I've got other things to put in my diary... like appointments, social stuff etc etc :p not just uni stuff

cutiebabyforeva

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I used the free diary UNSW gave out. I'm not really a diary person I guess...just wrote when my assessments were due and that's about it.
I absolutely need a diary to keep track of all the things I need to do!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
cutiebabyforeva said:
I've got other things to put in my diary... like appointments, social stuff etc etc :p not just uni stuff
That's why I suggested you buy a dinky diary now for 08 and then use the uni diary when you get it.. i.e. fill in your stuff from the first diary into the new one.

Or just buy an A5 size one.

God you're pedantic.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I don't use a diary for uni, can't be bothered. I just use Google Calendar to mark my essay due dates and that's all I need.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Google Calendar ftw! I've set mine to give me an sms or email to remind me of events. it's much better than having a dairy that I always forget to check.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
I too, thought I needed a diary for all those important uni and social events as well. Then after a few weeks I realised I didn't. True story.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I used to keep a diary to keep track of assignment due dates and uni related stuff during my 1st 2 semesters at uni, when i was so excited about starting uni and all :p

But now i cant be bothered, i write whatever's due in my calendar, which i check at the beginning of each week, to see what assignments are due when.

HSC
I loved the free one my uni gave me at the beginning of the year. Pretty quad on front cover. Win. (+ groovy orange monster thingie)

Season

HSC
I'm a diary person too, and I have this weird habit of always being busy with friends, co-curriculars you name it- I do it, so a diary is a necessity.

Personally I much prefer something with a hard back- does the uni provide these? and ones with plastic sleves in them so I can tuck notes/invitations etc. If its just uni stuff plus the occasional appointment or co-curricular, then an A5 one is plenty sufficient, if go overboard like myself with the co-curriculars, friends works etc. then it's worthwhile looking at something bigger

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, A5 is fine. If you intend to go to USYD, buy the ACCESS card so that you get the diary free with it, however, it's expensive at $99. I tried to use one of those pocket Collins diaries but I had to write down assessments and so many events, notes and other things that it was too small and so I reverted back to the diary I was given because it was big enough and had all uni dates in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)