• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

University of Sydney Bachelors of Engineering(/Commerce) (1 Viewer)

ecokid101

HSC
What are the prereqs for a Bachelors of Engineering at USyd, are there any prereq subjects?

I am considering doing the BCom/BEng course and I'm from Melbourne.

Also how does this course compare to the same one at UNSW? And what was the cutoff for this last year (or expected cutoff for next year)

Thanks for all the information

witide

HSC
Maths extension 1, physics/chemistry (depending on stream) and an interest in the stream you want to do (most important).

The cutoff depends on what stream you do, anywhere from like 85 to 99+. Although it is different for a combined degree and you'll still need to meet the cutoff for the stream you want to do.

I'm doing BEng/BArts at USyd and loving it. UNSW is apparently pretty good for engineering and the cutoff can be anywhere as low as 75 if you apply for FEAS.

ecokid101

HSC
I don't do physics or chemistry and I want to do civil. Is this possible?

witide

HSC
Of course its possible. I doubt those are required for civil anyway. I also know a guy who did General maths and no science and is now doing civil at USyd.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Of course its possible. I doubt those are required for civil anyway. I also know a guy who did General maths and no science and is now doing civil at USyd.
He only has two weeks to drop out btw

dumarab

HSC
just out of interest why arn't you doing it in victoria?....

just out of interest coz many ppl think it's easier to get into uni in melbourne (for example my friend is doing medicine at monash he didn't get in USYD or UNSW).

I'm wondering if it's vise versa

witide

HSC
He only has two weeks to drop out btw
I thought all engineering students had to do MATH1001/2, but apparently he is doing the level below that. MATH1011/2 I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)