• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Visual Art Preliminary HSC (1 Viewer)

maimu

HSC
Hi, I'm a new here and I have several questions on Visual Art Preliminary HSC.

1. What do you learn in Visual Art preliminary HSC?
I have already checked its syllabus, but it is still quite ambiguous to me. The syllabus only says that students have to do Art criticism and theory and Artmaking. Can anyone tell me more specifically? In year 11, are we supposed to learn all kinds of art including painting, photography, etc?

2. Do we need assumed knowledge for Visual Art HSC?

I have never learned Visual Art because my country does not offer this subject (I have only been here for a few weeks). Therefore, I do not have broad knowledge of Art though I like it. I just studied myself by reading magazines on Art or watching animation. My drawing is not very good, but my photography is quite OK, and I especially love to understand about Art around the world.

So if there is any knowledge that needs to be prepared, can anyone tell me so that I can prepare for year 11? Thanks :D

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
In terms of theory you learn about practice, the conceptual framework and the frames (subjective, cultural, structural and post modern). You learn what each of these things has to do with art and how to talk about an artwork or an artist using these terms.

You don't need to have any assumed knowledge to take the course. If you're good at English then you'll do pretty good with the theory side of art. In terms of art making, year 11 is the year you should explore different ways of making art and just have fun really. It helps if you know how to draw but it's not essential. If you like photography then explore that.

Hope that helped :)

If you enjoy art then take the course. It's heaps fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)