• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Water Quality oral Assessment (1 Viewer)

raiinx2me

HSC
Hey

i have a chemistry oral about water quality

i just have to represent my speech for 6 minutes

basically everything that has got to do with the topic water quality

but it got me more confused,

as i rly dont know what to talk about..

any help would be appreciated thanks!

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Unless you give us further details, one would assume that you must mention "basically everything that has got to do with the topic water quality"

vds700

HSC
raiinx2me said:
Hey

i have a chemistry oral about water quality

i just have to represent my speech for 6 minutes

basically everything that has got to do with the topic water quality

but it got me more confused,

as i rly dont know what to talk about..

any help would be appreciated thanks!
Maybe just go through the syllabus and do a brief summary for each of the water dotpoints. Cant be too hard, most of the info will be in the textbook, except ther research dotpoints.

Still, pretty vague though, i have an assessment where i had to do a report covering the atmosphere part, and i also have to give a 5 min speech on the dorppoint about the work of practising scientists.

kacca29

HSC
N/A
This is a bit hard without more detail but basically where I'd start would be:

What is water quality .... define, water for different purposes, why is water quality important in different situations

What factors can affect water quality

How is water quality assessed (see the dot point for details). For each test keep linking it back to water quality .... what is this testing for, what does it tell us about the water quality, why is this good/a problem, what could cause poor results, and probably optional what solutions are there to fix problems.

For the research parts (heavy metals, eutrophication, water treatment and membrane filters) see if you should do each bit or could you focus on one as a case study.

If the oral is as broad as you suggest you'll have no trouble filling 6 mins. I wrote that without the syllabus in front of me so make sure you check it thoroughly for all the details you can include. This will be quite interesting really. Try and make connections between the dotpoints rather than consider each one separately.

good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)