• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What cheeses me off Wednesday... (1 Viewer)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I know I could have thought of a better title and not nicked this one from a radio station but I really want to have a gripe...

Why is it that the Autoloaders no longer take 5c coins???

What am I supposed to do with them now??? Drill holes in them and make earings??

ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DV8

HSC
Although It's A Common Belief That 5c Coins Are Useless, They Can Actually Be Traded For Good And Services Just Like All Other Coins And Notes... :rolleyes:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, the problem is that no one really accepts 5c coins!

Vending machines? Nope - 10c or more. Phones? Nope - 10c or more.

I think the only people who accept 5c coins are banks... grudgingly.

DV8

HSC
Ziff said:
Yeah, the problem is that no one really accepts 5c coins!
Uh... Correct Me If I'm Wrong But I Dunno Of Any Shop (You Know The Ones With A Real Live Person Standing Behind A Counter, Often With A Cash Register :p ) That Won't Except 5c Coins!! I'm Not Tryin To Take The Piss But I Find It Strange That 5c Coins Are Regarded As Inferior. Say For Instance You Buy Something That Costs $1.15, It's More Likely That You'll Grab A 20c or 50c Rather Than Scavange Around In Your Wallet For 3x5c Coins... And Yes I Am Guilty Of This... :rolleyes:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Ziff said:
I think the only people who accept 5c coins are banks... grudgingly.
Apparently they charge. So says some guy said that came through maccas drive through and wanted a kilo of his 5c and 10c coins turned into a 50.

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
Businesses aren't obligated to accept any more than 20 cents worth of 5 cent coins. They can if they wish, but they can also refuse to.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
what pisses me off about uni:
the autoloaders not accepting the 5c coins
the stupid pebbledeck paths leading from the Great Hall area down to the library/union that are uber slippery when wet
having my hair beautifully cut and died and straightened only for it to rain (god love umbrella's)
the snarky union lady that was in pinkies
2 hr lectures
2 hr tutes
not being able to find anyone when you need them
the fact that its too cold/wet to lay on the grass between chem and mcmullin
the fact that i only have 3 days of bio a week
the fact i have to do all these other subjects i hate
the fact that if i get my transfer next yr, i prob wont get into newcastle
annoying people that sit on the computers in the AIC playing dumb arse asian games (ok, i cant speak, i sit on msn, but that could be percieved as at least semi productive)
the parking situation
the fact that its so far from place to place within the uni
the vending machine that swallowed my money
that good food is like 10 times the price of crap food

umm.....i think thats about it...for now, at least

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
having so much stuff due at the same time for classes and not getting anything done
weekly in class multiple choice tests :(
8am starts
sleeping through alarms

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
I hate all those spiders who were here at the start of the year, and will no doubt come back next summer too. >_<

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
great_gregory said:
I hate all those spiders who were here at the start of the year, and will no doubt come back next summer too. >_<
OOOH, and the mosquitos.

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
Yep, they suck too.

I also hate it when i'm sitting in a lecture and people come and sit right in front of me! Come on people, where am I suppose to rest my legs and feet now?! Go sit in one of the other 400 available seats. :mad:

People who come into lectures 20 or 30 minutes late also piss me off. Hello, you're suppose to be a smart, mature uni student. What, you still can't read a clock? Go back to primary school!

Archaic uni laptops also annoy me. We borrowed one for a presentation, and the damn thing was a brick. It also had Windows 95 or 98 on it, so we could play some flash files like we wanted to. Gee, thanks for ruining our presentation...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
um.. said:
wtf, capital city!

i hate 5 cent coins,
I hate coins full stop:uhhuh:.

great_gregory said:
Businesses aren't obligated to accept any more than 20 cents worth of 5 cent coins. They can if they wish, but they can also refuse to.
Sorry for being pedantic here, but isn't it 50 cents? I thought that businesses have to accept any number of a single coin value, as long as it is less than ten. So that makes 10 x 5 cents = 50 cents:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
what pisses me off about uni:
the parking situation
I got my first park this semester within the University grounds today:D!

evilc said:
having so much stuff due at the same time for classes and not getting anything done
:uhhuh:, Especially during The Olympics:mad:!

evilc said:
weekly in class multiple choice tests
Or weekly tests in general:mad:!

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
Merethrond said:
Sorry for being pedantic here, but isn't it 50 cents? I thought that businesses have to accept any number of a single coin value, as long as it is less than ten. So that makes 10 x 5 cents = 50 cents:).
I'm not sure. It could be. This is year 9 or 10 commerce we're talking about here, so i'm trying to remember 4 or 5 years ago. :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
it doesnt really cheese me off, just got me down...i was like 1/2 dozen cars behind that fatal at tarro this morn...so im kinda on a downer now.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
What cheeses me off is the fact that outside-uni parking has recently got 5x worse, with the closure of that big grass/mud-heap parking area. That area was really useful until it rained a fair bit over a couple of days, and it got totally churned up and turned into a total chocolate thickshake, with people getting bogged in and such.
Tried my luck for a park in the always-packed dirt road next to said mud paddock... Got in there and actually got lucky and saw a park. Then i decided, without thinking as per usual, to go to the end, and proceed to do an embarrassing 24-point-turn in a space 1 foot wider than the length of my car, and with another car about 5cm away. Man that sucked, and some guy was watching me, lol.

Summary of post - parking paddock gone, parking sucks more than ever

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)