• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what's the most you've ever paid for a CD/LP? (1 Viewer)

icecreamdisco

HSC
just q-rious.

most i've paid is 50 for a jap import CD of The Pop Group's 'Y'. worth every penny tho.

HSC
For a single cd it'd probably be about $50 or something at some shop in Newcastle (Damned import prices on hard to find cds). Normally I wouldn't spend that much on a single cd for myself, but it was a present so the expense was justified.

If we're counting boxed sets, it'd be the Alice in Chains Music Bank, which from memory was about $65.

chepas

HSC
$42.99 for J.S. Bach's 'Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1'. It was the ONLY recording around that didn't use baroque tuning, so it had to be mine :p.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
People have bought the original fondle em cd of operation doomsday by mf doom for over $100 US I think some have even paid over 200. I was going to buy one for around $80 before I found out it was going to be rereleased

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
bout 120 for that nirvana set thingy

Pierotte

HSC
paying up to 150 for a boxed set reaaally isnt much, considering single CD's or vinyls can cost that much for one. (i.e. i have led zep remasters... got it for 90 though:p, but thats dirt cheap for 4 cds... only about 23 dollars per cd!!!!)

Anyway Cake - Fhasion nugget cozt me 40 bucks cuz it had to be shipped over special.. apparently theyve stopped making it now...?? Yeah i know i got ripped off. Damn im a fool, yeah a complete sucker.. oh well.

Im considering spending $36 bucks for Gong's Here to Infinitea... but thats from sanity and im sure if i look around ill get it cheaper.

Meh... im not a big spender... i dont think i like any bands quite that much... and we dont have a record player at the moment... so whats the point in buying vinyl if i cant play it immediately.

artfag

Banned
HSC
i think i paid around 45 for rjd2's deadringer, imported

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
$50 for radiohead - street spirit white vinyl.

ashleejoanne

HSC
$33.99 for a lion king soundtrack for my friends b'day. it is not as much as what u guys paid, but i was shattered, i never pay that much for a cd!!!

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I've never paid that much, maybe $30 cos that's the price of a normal album. Being chronically unemployed I can't afford to buy lots of CDs, so I mostly get burned copies from friends. I've never bought a CD for myself in my life, I only buy for other peoples' birthdays!
:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)