• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When do we have to select our subjects and how do we get our timetable (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
Just wondering the above, i dont know the unit code or anything, im doing a B Business - accounting at Parra, part-time. Any help???

= Jennifer =

HSC
first look at your course structure

http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=2507.1

then figure out what units you need to study

after this look them up to see what times they are available from the below link (remember it's autumn session)

http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/start.asp?yr=2006

after you find each of your subjects create a timetable on a sheet of paper to make your registration online easier

all you need to find about tut rego (with step by step instructions) is located at the link below:

http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ok, but tut rego doesnt open till like, 16th feb right?

VLTURBO im doing yout course at campbelltown and fulltime. :)

can someone else also tell me when do i find out what textbooks i need?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
natstar said:
Keep looking to see if your campus textbook list is up on www.coop-bookshop.com.au. Just click on text list and a list of uni's and campuses will come up. Click on your campus and a list of subjects taught at the campus will come up. when you click on a subject it will tell you what textbook is required.

Tute rego does not open till the 14th, but its better to organise your timetable early so you dont stuff around trying to figure it out and miss out on the time slots you want.
Do you do stats for business, accounting reports and decisions, management foundations and intro economics for 1st semester accounting?
the handbook says these:

200032.1 Statistics for Business
200103.1 Accounting Reports and Decisions
200184.1 Introduction to Business Law

Choose one of the following options:

Option 1
200076.1 Introductory Economics

Option 2 (both units must be completed)
200046.1 Microeconomics
200049.1 Macroeconomics

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
can someone help me understand the timetables? i don't get what im looking at! what do i have to do?
i dont understand the days or anything. how many days a week do i go to uni?! *cries*
Here are my units and timetables
Statistics for Business:
http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_...=2006&qsubname=&qsubcode=200032&frompg=search
Accounting Reports and Decisions
http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_...=2006&qsubname=&qsubcode=200103&frompg=search
Introduction to business law
http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_...=2006&qsubname=&qsubcode=200184&frompg=search
Introductory economics
http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_...=2006&qsubname=&qsubcode=200076&frompg=search

how do i write a timetable?!?!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Shell:

Statistics fo business:
Lecture on tuesday at 11am - 1pm
Tutorial - choose any time that best suits you.

Accounting reports and decisions:
Lecture - wednesday 9am - 11am

Introduction to business law:
Lecture - Thursday 10am - 12pm

Introductory economics:
Lecture: Monday 3pm - 5pm
Tutorial - choose anytime that best suits you.

Start trying to figure out what tutorials you want, you may find that when tute rego starts they'll go in a flash. Print the timetables out, get some paper and a pen and work out which will be the best times for you, either way, it looks like just by the lectures it will be a 4 day week, but it won't be full days, which is good.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
so um. is my first day on the tuesday for the lecture for Statistics for business? or is it the monday for Introductory economics...

and i choose one from both Tutorial A and B?

and also, is it ok for a lecture to finish at say, 12, and then to go to a tutorial which starts at 12? or vice versa?

AND WHAT THE HELL IS 'WORKSHOP'?!?!

Last edited:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah. thanks. i tried to avoid it but on some days its like that. other days i have an hour break in between lectures and tutes.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, like mine at the moment I have

Monday:
9-11 Intro to Law
11-1 Torts
4-6 Pyschology Lecture (Milperra)

Wednesday:(Milperra Day):
8-9 Crime Criminal Justice Lecture (Milperra)
11-1 Crime Criminal Justice
3-4 Pyschology tute

Thursday:
9-11 Intro to Law
11-1 Torts

So basically torts is straight after intro but I had to do it that way so that I wont be going every day and also because I have units at anotjer campus and I need timte to get in between

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Yeah, like mine at the moment I have

Monday:
9-11 Intro to Law
11-1 Torts
4-6 Pyschology Lecture (Milperra)

Wednesday:(Milperra Day):
8-9 Crime Criminal Justice Lecture (Milperra)
11-1 Crime Criminal Justice
3-4 Pyschology tute

Thursday:
9-11 Intro to Law
11-1 Torts

So basically torts is straight after intro but I had to do it that way so that I wont be going every day and also because I have units at anotjer campus and I need timte to get in between
everyone - make sure!! you consider what other times you can do (ie ones that don't clash) just in case as you may not get in all teh times you want as you register for one unit at a time - you don't open the window in pweb and do them all - so you may find you don't get the time you want and if you haven't considered a 'back-up' it screws you around coz there may end up being none that have places left that you can attend and then you've goit the hassle of having to ask permission to get put in a class by the unit coordinator etc

for those stressinga bout when you pick units and what you pick - the majority of courses at enrolment - they give you a sheet with the recommended/required course structure - all you do is copy this onto the enrolment forms:)

ps - mel - shitty as long days are - you are sooo lucky you have gaps! i had a 9-5 day last year with a break late in the day so you're so hungry and tired and bored by then coz you miss lunch... plus - you on ly have 3 days! pretty much, 1st semester is the only time combined law people seem to h ave less than 4 days... so you got a pretty good t/table:) plus, its good having both the law ones on the same days - it sucks when you have a day with 3 or 4 units classes coz you have more stuff to carry with you:p

Last edited by a moderator:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^Don't worry that is option one, i will have back ups in case...

So its ok ok timetable then? The hardest part was trying to get rid of most of the bankstown units on one day so I couldnt be travelling much, monday is the only day I have to go to both campuses...provided I figured the timetable out correctly

I guess you are lucky that all your units are at Parra :p

L

LaraB

yeh - yours is a good one - even being at the same campus i end up with 4 days coz of clashes...

a lot of people end up with 4 days at least in combined so you're lucky it's only 3 - that way leaves you time to do assignments and stuff and lets you have your weekends to go out and stuff:)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^ and work. I can't believe you have so many days since you are at the same campus :( are some at least part days.

If you like that you should have seen my HSC timetable I had like 6 frees a week (80mins each) with some days only one class so like 10-11.35 then went home :D

L

LaraB

melsc said:
^ and work. I can't believe you have so many days since you are at the same campus :( are some at least part days.

If you like that you should have seen my HSC timetable I had like 6 frees a week (80mins each) with some days only one class so like 10-11.35 then went home :D
yeah... some are - like, my timetable for autumn is looking like being:

Monday
11-1pm - Managing diversity lecture
1-2pm - Managing Diversity tute
2-4pm - Contracts

Wednesday
9-10am - Management Foundations tute
10-12pm - Management Foundations lecture

Thursday
2-4pm - Contracts

Friday
1-2pm - International Human Resource Management tute
2-4pm - International HRM lecture

and Spring's gonna be something like
Monday
9-11am – Property Law

Tuesday
9-10am – Employee Training and Development tute
10-12pm – Employee T&D lecture
2-3pm – Australia and the Global Economy tute
3-5pm – Australia and the Global Economy lecture

Wednesday
8-9am – Negotiation, Bargaining and Advocacy tute
9-11am – Negotiation, Bargaining and Advocacy lecture

Thursday
9-11am – Property Law

like, overall its not too bad coz i only spend 13 and 14 hours at uni... but coz its so spread out - i know i'll do NO work at home:p coz wheni get home i dno't feel like doing anything... plus i hate 9-5 days:p... wouldn't be as bad if they were like...3-5pm coz i'd do work in the morning, but when i have morning classes, i don't do anything at home in the arvos:p

plus - having mondays or fridays free is really useful - for the work you don't do on assignmemnts on the weekend:p so would've been nice to get friday off this semester..

just better when it's sqaushed into 2 or 3 days coz like, i know me at least, i'll actually do teh stuff i need to do on the other days which save night before efforts:p

L

LaraB

melsc said:
stupid contracts and property...icky subjects which also stuff up ur timetable
you'll find that the law ones do - coz they're seminars not lecture/tute... and generally have less people doing them...

plus, 2nd and 3rd year you do mostly non-law units so i guess... the law ones kinda don't fit with the structure of everythin else...

although it's good in a way coz law are 4 hrs all together, my bus. ones are 3 so i get an hour off in 2nd n 3rd year in a way lol:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)