• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

who's NOT feeling the 'stress' and 'pressure' of yr 12? (1 Viewer)

bennychanman

Stratttys (That's Strathfield, for all those who a
HSC
hmmm i feel really bad for saying this....but i'm not actually feeling that "stressed" or pressured at all this year! I haven't really bothered to involve my parents with all my studies etc, i think they would just be obtrusive! So basically they just let me do my own thing...and i'm getting by! My teachers at school are great, but none of them are nagging or being bitchy etc...nor are they setting hideous amounts of homework either! =)

But yeah i do feel a bit guilty/bad that I'm taking the whole HSC thing rather lightly...maybe it's cos of the subjects are chose which are an easy way out-ish-

English Advanced (This has got to be the biggest load of bullshit english course in ANY school in the whole world).
Maths and Extension 1 - ...yeah i'm screwing this up at the moment (cos i'm SOO uber lazy!)
French Continuers
German Continuers
(these are my 'easy way out' tickets....i say that because for neither subject can you receive THAT much homework....i mean you'd never get asked to write an "essay"....and in your exam, there's nothign really that you have to study. its not like history or eco where you have to memorise facts and facts and write essays. You're allowed to have a dictionary for both languages in each language exam which is awesome. And they get good scaling :)

And Music 2 and Music Extension. This is the FUNNEST part! =)

So yeah, i'm kinda loving yr 12. the free periods and "seniority" you get at the school is pretty cool too.
Yeah i'm rambling on a bit too...but to everyone out there, RELAX! I have two mottos really:
1) it's ONLY the hsc.
2) the uai is a measure of one's ability to bullshit!

Right i'm done here :p
cya!

FinalFantasy

HSC
hey dun worry, i am not feeling any 'stress' or 'pressure' at all as well!
especially when i consider the work in uni... it's a LOT HARDER.. the HSC is nothing... so should be lucky ur still doing HSC..

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm not feeling stressed. I'm feeling very impatient, though. Get the HSC over with already!

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i think som1 who isn stressed, doesn care about the HSC... im not say (slide rule in particular), u say u are not stressed, mabey uz arnt "im goin 2 slit my wrists" stressed, but like slide rule said, he is impaciant. that is a lil bit of stress, and that is heathy because it shows motivation. i get upset when i dont achieve wot i no im capable of. i have been happy with my results, etc... but i realise i have 2 notch it up a lil... mabey 2-3 marks every subject... i have that stress, but im not i reack yet.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Yeah im not stressed really, im cruising and doing pretty well at school. Well the truth is I do work hard sometimes, havent been do any hardcore study this term ...yet! Im really feeling like shit so that could be the reason, or the fact that i have like 8 18th in a row in consective weeks to go to.

Anyway should be good! No one should be stressing, there are more important things than the HSC, I see ppl in my school who do well at their work and have no social lives, while there are others who do well and go out at the same time. You have to have a balance but it is up to u, stress or dont stress, it doesnt matter, its up to u and I think there are more imprtant things than the HSC (but I am caning my assessments at the moment! :D)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I did the HSC last year and never felt the stress or pressure. But I didn't do much work either.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Me
the HSC is so overated
theres life beyond the HSC

cimbom

HSC
... yr.12 is okay. There are times when I freak out, but then you just start studying and getting work done and you feel much better :uhhuh: . My marks so far are better than I expected, so maybe that's why I'm okay.

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
every now and then i feel a prick of nervousness :p

but generally, i'm so relaxed that i don't feel like i'm at school even when i'm there.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
Me
the HSC is so overated
theres life beyond the HSC
So true Joe some ppl can get through the HSC without feeling the stress & pressure, it is really unfair and judgemental to say that those who aren't feeling the stress aren't talking it seriously or really caring about it. You have to remember that ppl are different.
While there are alot of ppl who are stressed over the HSC there is a minority who don't feel the stress. And Joe is right keep an open mind because you'll all get where you want to be on the other side of the HSC. HSC doesn't spell the end of the world and doesnt really mean as much as ppl make it out to be.
Take it from me an ex-HSC student. :)

tempco

HSC
i wasn't stressed during the hsc year, but i did feel the pressure during the exam period.

tempco

HSC
why aren't you stressed yet? i mean, it's only 1 year till the hsc.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
I'm feeling the stess of the HSC for the simple fact that i have about 5 major works and not enough time to get them all done. Although i do understand the HSC isn't the be all and end all i do want to get a good mark for it.

some girl

HSC
I'm not stressed, pressured or motivated about the hsc. All I want is it to be over already so i can sleep :)

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
it's been 2yrs since i did the HSC. i felt the pressure in the first term... when the teachers outlined everything that was expected.

then i became apathetic from Feb to August...

then the stress started to intensify in the last 30 days before the HSC. i spent most of my time studying flat-out then, to make up for my lack of effort throughout the year...

the actual exam period was somewhat stressful, but not as much as i'd anticipated. it feels SO good once the last exam is over and you've gotten all the BS out of your system. FREEDOM! Then you go and burn your notes.

If the stress hasn't come to you yet, it will at some point, but you just keep chippin' away and it's bearable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)