• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Writing a strong conclusion (1 Viewer)

deneahjade

HSC
I wanted to gain some advice on how to strongly conclude my AOS speech. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Inb4 inb4 strawberrye
inb4 strawberrye
I feel very humbled by your kind recommendation of me, but I just wish to remind OP that these people who recommend my advice are equally capable of giving very helpful advice to assist you as well:).
My top 3 tips to writing a strong speech conclusion would be:

1)Make sure it ties in with your introduction and main points well, and most importantly, you are using the key words of the question you are given to answer the question as closely as possible. Do not introduce any new points in your conclusion.

2)Sometimes the best conclusion takes advantage of the environment one presents their speeches in, I could recall at one time, I did a speech talking about barriers and belonging, and I used an analogy in my conclusion by referring to the walls in the room which I was speaking in as physical barriers (can't remember much about the conclusion), but considering your target audience and environment is always a good tip.

3)If you start off your speech with a quote, perhaps consider ending your speech with some kind of quote as well. Make sure you achieve a definitive purpose in your conclusion, whether it be to persuade, to summarise, to advocate a desire for undertaking some sort of action. A strong conclusion should always be short, sweet and suitable to both the context and audience you are addressing.

Hope this helps and my best wishes for you to ace your oral presentation:)

deneahjade

HSC
Thank you very much. I did start with a quote and I was planning on concluding with one so your advice has definitely helped me to make a decision :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)