• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

writing help :/ (2 Viewers)

skynet89

HSC
just did a practice paper for english king lear. is anyone else having trouble writing all the words in your head down. i did 9 pages in 42 minutes and we're supposed to do it in 40. but even though i eventually finished going over 2 minutes a bit, most of my words are fucked and illegible. it's probably just me because i got a retarded grip but yeah does anyone else have trouble finishing those essays in time. any recommended comfy pens? ta

realllly nervous about the paper 2 exam

williamc

HSC
Masterbate more, get stronger forarm and hand muscles. Then write at 300000000 words sec ^-1

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
williamc said:
Masterbate more, get stronger forarm and hand muscles. Then write at 300000000 words sec ^-1
........... :uhoh:

... and,.... i feel so inept... i can only get 4 pages in 40 minutes.... AND my handwriting is completely illegible.... *sigh*

but, i guess it's too late for anyone to improve handwriting, so i guess just a bit more care during the test may help handwriting a bit... though i doubt i'll be taking any care towards my handwriting during the test... >_>"

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
williamc said:
LOL but yeah i can write about 5-6 pages within 40 minutes. :D My writing is fast and fairly neat in test conditions - although the conclusion of the last essay is pretty fucked.

williamc

HSC
ssejamafone said:
........... :uhoh:

... and,.... i feel so inept... i can only get 4 pages in 40 minutes.... AND my handwriting is completely illegible.... *sigh*

but, i guess it's too late for anyone to improve handwriting, so i guess just a bit more care during the test may help handwriting a bit... though i doubt i'll be taking any care towards my handwriting during the test... >_>"
4a4 pages = 8 HSC booklet pages in 40 mins not too bad.

Btw: to the original poster, if you are writing 9 a4 pages in 40 mins, you must have been exercising those "forarms" alot ey?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
1300-1500. But i try and keep my essays to a max of 1200

samuel slack

HSC
I have no idea, but in the forty minutes I get about 4-5 a4 pages... legible writing. What takes me the most time is understanding and interpreting the question and planning out how I'm going to do it. That takes me about 5-10 mins a question.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
fishy89sg said:
how many 'words' can you guys write in 40minutes?
i write HUGE... so maybe... 10? :uhhuh:

nah, i seriously don't knnow.. i've never bothered to count.. :p

williamc

HSC
fishy89sg said:
:bomb: you gangsta
Depends on the subject. Ie. for eco and buso i write 2000-2500 words, history more like 1200-1400. English 1200ish

fishy89sg

HSC
70mins each?

that means you do the short answers and mc in 40 mins :eek::eek::eek:

samuel slack

HSC
I do the same thing for business. I fly through the multiple choice, and short answers. That gives me heaps of time for report and essay. Do you mean you spend 70 mins on just the essay though?? Cause thats solid. I spread the extra time over both, not just focussing on the essay.

15 mins for MC
45 mins for SA

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
^ lol k

samuel slack said:
I do the same thing for business. I fly through the multiple choice, and short answers. That gives me heaps of time for report and essay. Do you mean you spend 70 mins on just the essay though?? Cause thats solid.
70 mins report, 70 mins essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)