• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

yr ll chem (1 Viewer)

coolnerd

how much do you have to know from year 11 be able to continue on to yr 12 chem?
would it be hard to start yr 12 chem without knowing much about the yr 11 topics
chemical earth, metals, water and energy.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Chemistry is not to be taken lightly. It isn't like the concepts are thrown out the window after yr11. Everything you learn in chemistry is built up from.

While I can't actively remember anything I learnt in year 11, I can say the same about every year of school so far. I don't think you'll find anyone (who isn't a dick) who says HSC chem is easy, cause it aint.

KNOW THAT CHEMISTRY IS HARD!

If your brain doesn't work along the right line you are going to have a very miserable year.

Are the reasons you ask a love for chemistry or a fear of something else?

-Pete

A l

HSC
N/A
coolnerd said:
how much do you have to know from year 11 be able to continue on to yr 12 chem?
would it be hard to start yr 12 chem without knowing much about the yr 11 topics
chemical earth, metals, water and energy.
Just about everything you have covered in the Preliminary course is relevent to the HSC course. The biggest emphasis should probably be placed on skills. You need to know how to write any balanced chemical equations, convert masses into moles and vice versa, remember some formulae etc.
It would be rather difficult to begin to HSC course without the supportive knowledge of the Preliminary course. For example, in the first module Production of Materials, you would have to know your hydrocarbons well from Year 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)