• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

100 Mini HSC's book by john smith (1 Viewer)

mac1996

HSC
Hey guys
Just wondering if anyone has the "100 Mini HSC's" book by John Smith and if it is any good when it comes to trials?

thanks

v1

HSC
had it never used it. stick to trial papers

braintic

HSC
N/A
Hey guys
Just wondering if anyone has the "100 Mini HSC's" book by John Smith and if it is any good when it comes to trials?

thanks
It actually has some very good questions. But if you are looking for questions in proper exam format, ie. with good scaffolding, then it is not for you.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hey guys

thanks
I think it's good for quick revision of easy-mid range questions when you don't have time to complete an entire paper in one sitting. For example, say you have a free period of 50 minutes (as it was approximately at my school), you could easily just complete one quickly to revise the essentials.

But definitely not the source to approach for harder problems.

O

Omed62

anyone else think its good?
Its shit bro, if your wanting to waste your time doing some stupid book, then no point asking, go for it. Just use Trial papers their billions of them, btw your Trial would also be in Trial past paper format. so use Trial.

I disagree with the book, because they simple repeat some of their question and also it is easy questions. Stick to challenging questions, so your mind is more effective by the time Trials maths exam comes.

Hope it helps,

mac1996

HSC
Its shit bro, if your wanting to waste your time doing some stupid book, then no point asking, go for it. Just use Trial papers their billions of them, btw your Trial would also be in Trial past paper format. so use Trial.

I disagree with the book, because they simple repeat some of their question and also it is easy questions. Stick to challenging questions, so your mind is more effective by the time Trials maths exam comes.

Hope it helps,
sorry, u didn't help
they dont repeat questions and some are not easy

O

Omed62

sorry, u didn't help
they dont repeat questions and some are not easy
lol, They seem pretty easy for me, unless if you want a band 2. use it

I meant instead use Trial papers, like Carrotsticks mentioned "definitely not the source to approach for harder problems." I was making sure that your not wasting time on the mid range questions instead doing the hard problems, like for example the last questions in Trial papers.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
lol, They seem pretty easy for me, unless if you want a band 2. use it

I meant instead use Trial papers, like Carrotsticks mentioned "definitely not the source to approach for harder problems." I was making sure that your not wasting time on the mid range questions instead doing the hard problems, like for example the last questions in Trial papers.
But some people just want to quickly practise the easier questions for brief revision of things they may be rusty with.

iBibah

HSC
So you already have the book then??
So what exactly were you asking?
His tutor brought it for him without asking, and he kind of feels obliged to use it now, but wants to know if it's actually good to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)