• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2004 hsc ppl - what uni are u planning 2 goto? (1 Viewer)

which uni u plannin 2 go 2?

• UNSW

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • USYD

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • CLUB MAC

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • OTHER - STATE.

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

santaslayer

HSC
and to conclude this thread.....

UOW is the way to go...!!!!!!!

Winner of the University Awards for like what.....3 years in a row?

Employers SEEK UOW graduates!

esp people like me :uhhuh: :p

HSC
N/A
too bad UOW is so far away.....
they offer some pretty good course that other unis don't have!

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by boredofschool
too bad UOW is so far away.....
they offer some pretty good course that other unis don't have!
Yea thats true, they have wierd courses like internet science, information communication technology.....stuff like that...

but yea the most dominating courses at UOW are Commerce, Laws, Engineering, Computing (all types, yes, i really mean all fuckin types!!)

btw boredofschool, where u live?
its only about an hour from hurstville station!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
UOW has one of the strongest information technology campuses in Oz, and how do I know that? Its because the Uni told me so.

With such an IT focus due to its ability to attract funding, it gets to offer all types of super duper courses. Although UOW has a knack of being able to find a major for anything, I think they've got a bit of a compulsion about providing a major for anything that somebody might even imagine studying. I'm sure you could get admin to change your major studies to Alcoholic Engineering and Leisure Studies knowing their organisational levels.

Oh yes, to conclude.

UOW Rocks My University Education Socks.

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer

btw boredofschool, where u live?
its only about an hour from hurstville station!
hahaha!! check the UWS forum! I kinda mentioned it there....
an hour from hurstville? really? I thought wollonggong was hell far! must be my imagination then....
although that's still too far for me....
:)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
UTS - Media Production/Law *fingers crossed :(*

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by neo_o
UTS - Media Production/Law *fingers crossed :(*
I would love to do that course!
But it's out of my leage lol!
I'm gonna try transfering into media production @ UTS and maybe if I do well I can take up law....
r u in yr 12?? good luck if you are.... :)
the cutoff will probably go up to 99 next yr for that course!

santaslayer

HSC
hahaha!! check the UWS forum! I kinda mentioned it there....
an hour from hurstville? really? I thought wollonggong was hell far! must be my imagination then....
although that's still too far for me....
:)
well as far as i know, people who go to UNSW have more travelling time than i do! :p

santaslayer

HSC
I would love to do that course!
But it's out of my leage lol!
I'm gonna try transfering into media production @ UTS and maybe if I do well I can take up law....
r u in yr 12?? good luck if you are.... :)
the cutoff will probably go up to 99 next yr for that course!
Do graduate law...

and do media production for undergrad...TRANSFER!

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
ok, without trying to be a tool ...which by saying that i prolly do sound like one... but can we get back to the topic. this actually quite interests me, cos there are so many different courses out there that are offered to us at so many different unis and collages etc.

how many ppl, you and your friends, actually know what they want to do, and how many change every few weeks?

i wanna go to acu n do primary edu...i'm one of those strange ppl who has known since like yr 8.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've always had a fair idea of what I want to do all along but i've got friends who are 3rd year uni students who still don't know what they want to do and want to change every 3 weeks.

I think a lot of Yr 12 students struggle with what they want to do because they're under the assumption that they have to work out what they want to do with their life before the deadline for uni preferences, but you should be able to just find what you like to do along the way and follow that. Just do what you enjoy because you'll do well and theres always bound to be a job.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
i really want to go to usyd, but they don't have optometry, so i think i will go to unsw, but my second choice is definitely usyd. I have been told by my bro that i shouldn't go to uts cos it has really bad management now (he's in 5th yr uni there, so he'd know better than i or some of you would).
Wouldn't it be better if you took the approach of 'I really want to do optometry so I'll try and find the best uni that provides that course for me' rather than what you just said?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Are you serious that only unsw offers optometry? Wow, I thought you'd at least get 2 options of where to go to.

There was nothing wrong with what you said, I was just saying that a lot of people say they want to go to a specific uni because they think thats the best one because they heard it somewhere, rather than consider what uni has the best course for what they want to do.... it just comes back to that uni reputation and prestige argument which never seems to go away.

But if you want to do either optometry or pharmacy, it looks like you really haven't got a choice.... thats a big surprise. Just out of curiosty, whats the respective UAI's for those courses, must be high since theres only one place to study it at.

santaslayer

HSC
If your planning to do MedSci then i would recommend UOW MedSci...it has one of the finest facilities and teaching enviroment in Australia, which, suprisingly, was hunted down by big research companies all around australia and overseas because well somehow, they have been very fond of UOW students these past years!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)