• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Lockyer injured - Step in Prince.. fuck queensland have the best backs. Even then they still have Inglis who could play 5/8th.

Captain - Thurston/Prince

Mullen is shit. NSW selectors are on crack and Murray doesnt give a shit about ORigin.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
HotShot said:
Lockyer injured - Step in Prince.. fuck queensland have the best backs. Even then they still have Inglis who could play 5/8th.
Cooper Cronk from the Storm would be in with a chance aswell.

HSC
i dont think the selection of mullen was a bad idea, picking anasta at five eighth was the bad idea.

why would they play inglis at five eighth? he's not even playing well there for the storm.

it will be prince at half and thurston to five eighth if lockyers out. at least thats how it should be.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wuddie said:
dude, wtf is your problem? if you don't want to know the result, then don't go on the internet. you can't stop other people discussing games which have already finished because you are too freaken slow to realise chnl 9 delays their broadcast.

do we have to seek your permission the next time we talk about a game, to make sure you've seen it? ds.
ORLY? whowouldathought? you're a big boy, so you can put spoiler tags around a result that has not been aired yet. You see, people often go to forums to discuss games that are currently airing. This is what often happens here.

If a game had already been shown on TV, and I recorded it on VHS, then I wouldn't go on this forum, as I would expect to learn the results. If the game has not been shown on TV yet and expect that most people would also be waiting for the delayed broadcast (which is the point of the new Channel 9 NRL broadcasting - so we can actually watch more of the games), then I would assume that others who don't like watching the games and simply go on nrl.com to look at the results, would have the decency to be quiet.

No, you don't need to seek my permission, you merely have to use common sense. The same thing went during the world cup, and luckily, people weren't this idiotic during that time period. When matches were on at the same time, and SBS would air them consecutively, with a delay, those who saw the result online wouldn't go on and discuss the winner.

see how easy it is to change that

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Argh what the vagina are the roosters doing trying to screw up my tipping. Can't they just win for once? Anyone watching this game?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
stazi said:
Argh what the vagina are the roosters doing trying to screw up my tipping. Can't they just win for once? Anyone watching this game?
Sif, watch a roosters game..

i dont think the selection of mullen was a bad idea, picking anasta at five eighth was the bad idea.

why would they play inglis at five eighth? he's not even playing well there for the storm.

it will be prince at half and thurston to five eighth if lockyers out. at least thats how it should be.
No Offence Mullen was crap, Anasta was way better. They are even saying this Walsh dude is better than Mullen.

Inglis who cares if he isnt playing well for Storm - when you have the best backs supporting you all you need to do is throw a pass. Thurston at half-back he is ideal there. Prince can play 5/8th. Dont know about Cronk just too ordinary for me.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think we need a new rule in the NRL. If after about 15 rounds it is clear you are hopeless and have no chance of making the 8 (i.e Roosters) then you automatically lose the rest of your games for the season and other teams don't have to risk injuring their players when playing against you.

bored6

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I think we need a new rule in the NRL. If after about 15 rounds it is clear you are hopeless and have no chance of making the 8 (i.e Roosters) then you automatically lose the rest of your games for the season and other teams don't have to risk injuring their players when playing against you.
That would've eliminated the 2003 Premiers. Solid idea nonetheless.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Argh that sharks v cowboys gayme is crazy. I need cowboys to win by around 4 points for my BWS tipping cump.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Wooooohhoooooo! :D Yay. Finally something falls my way this round. Worst round so far for me, though :( 2/5. It sucks because I decided to play it safe and switch to the seagles at the last minute. Could have risen from my 9th spot in that comp. I'll probably fall a few places unless I get incredibly lucky somehow. At least my margin is OK (2 difference) for this round, which could prove to be the difference between $0 and $30,000 at the end.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Good.
I hate the sharks.

This is the second game where I have noticed that cheater Pomeroy pushing defensive players away from the player with the ball so there was no way they could make a tackle. I have seen him do it at least 4 times and I am sick of it... they better pick it up soon.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Greg Bird that grub proceeded to shove the elbow into players' faces. Makes him a shoe-in for NSW selection. They need to clean up the way they play or the referees need to take a good look at it.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Good.
I hate the sharks.

This is the second game where I have noticed that cheater Pomeroy pushing defensive players away from the player with the ball so there was no way they could make a tackle. I have seen him do it at least 4 times and I am sick of it... they better pick it up soon.
thats called sheparding. whats with you and "cheating" players anyway?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
HotShot said:
No Offence Mullen was crap, Anasta was way better. They are even saying this Walsh dude is better than Mullen.
read the rest of the article, walsh is better at halfback than mullen, because mullen is a 5/8. and how is mullen crap?

but he's out of origin contention with that injury, so i say go with orford, his turn is long overdue.

HSC
onebytwo said:
i didn't see the play but im pretty sure thats called obstruction. shepherding is where you just run around your own player with the ball, obstruction or not.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
onebytwo said:
I don't like the sharks cheating because I hate them and want them to lose.

I would have no problem with him running in between players when a break is made in order to act as a support player, but physically pushing defensive players away is obstruction and should be a penalty and no try.

dezz

HSC
how about giving fara a go at half back? i reckon he'll go alright

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea, the sun will rise from the north

you can play a fullback at wings, 5/8 at centres or vice versa, but the day nsw needs a hooker to play halfback is when we might as well forfeit the game and avoid the embarassment.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
dezz said:
how about giving fara a go at half back? i reckon he'll go alright
Course mate, he will rip the QLD apart at half-back. CAnt believe they selected Mullen.

Farah can play half-back and hooker at once if needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)