• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2009 Prelim (1 Viewer)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Re: SC Notes/Useful Links (No Spam)

DALiE. (: said:
Its not that I hate the subject.
I just dislike it and would prefer not to do it.
Its interesting and stuff but I don't feel passionate about it.

I also don't want to do it because of how big the classes are.
And the people in the classes, I have one class with some of them and ahh they can get so annoying.

But I have no choice. Its either legal, business, retail, hospitality or early childhood. GAH. It sucks.
Really? At my school only 10 students chose legal studies. I had a clash with bio and economics so i kept biology and had to chose from (ancient, business, legal,construction, SLR) soooo i chose legal because it had a small class and it was a subject i wouldn't mind doing.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A

dux&src said:
Really? At my school only 10 students chose legal studies. I had a clash with bio and economics so i kept biology and had to chose from (ancient, business, legal,construction, SLR) soooo i chose legal because it had a small class and it was a subject i wouldn't mind doing.
We have like 2 classes of legal - 20+ in each. =/

I really don't want to do it, but it might be interesting.
meh.

speedofsound

HSC

Why don't you like having a big class? Just too many people surrounding you or...?

Although at my school each class is max. 24 in senior years, it's hard to avoid big classes unless you're doing something like Economics, Food Tech, etc. Like, there are 3 classes of each Science next year, nearly 50 people doing each one. o______o

dux&src

HSC

speedofsound said:
Why don't you like having a big class? Just too many people surrounding you or...?

Although at my school each class is max. 24 in senior years, it's hard to avoid big classes unless you're doing something like Economics, Food Tech, etc. Like, there are 3 classes of each Science next year, nearly 50 people doing each one. o______o
It's too noisy having a big class plus with a small class we get more attention from our teachers. LOL you guys must go to schools in sydney or something. They have big as classes like up to 30 students i heard.

So your school has a limit of 24 a class in senior years haha we don't even need a limit. Omg 3 classes of science ??? 50 people OMG doing each one???? 0_o

14 picked chem here
22 picked physics (because we get the "best science teacher ever for it")
20 picked biology (because people want an easy subject)

AND LOL at legal studies only having 10 people originally selecting it. With me it's 11 so far.

@ Dalie
WOW 2 classes for legal studies with >40 people doing legal studies. :lol: enjoy!

I shall be looking forward to a quiet legal studies class. arghhh i can't wait to begin year 11 OMG

TBK11

HSC

50 ppl doing all 3 science ouch only 2 kids in my yr are picking the 3 sciences bio chem physics
i reckon small classess r the best im the only one doin maths ex1 and eng ex1 in my yr so if i get Line 3 (which is jap) to be a free ill be nigled everytime we have it :) also get this im the only one doing English Extension next yr in my year lol a 1 student class lol thats the best way to get attention

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A

speedofsound said:

err...I dunno actually. Just too many people. LOL. I sound anti-social.

3 classes of each science? wow. Thats alot. My chemistry class is like 10-15 people. And they didn't even open a physics class coz not enough people chose it.

dux&src said:
It's too noisy having a big class plus with a small class we get more attention from our teachers. LOL you guys must go to schools in sydney or something. They have big as classes like up to 30 students i heard.

So your school has a limit of 24 a class in senior years haha we don't even need a limit. Omg 3 classes of science ??? 50 people OMG doing each one???? 0_o

14 picked chem here

AND LOL at legal studies only having 10 people originally selecting it. With me it's 11 so far.

@ Dalie
WOW 2 classes for legal studies with >40 people doing legal studies. :lol: enjoy!

I shall be looking forward to a quiet legal studies class. arghhh i can't wait to begin year 11 OMG
mmhmm. The thing is, most people chose it because they like the teacher and half of them don't even know what "Legal Studies" is. :rolleyes:

swathard

HSC
lol if you guys reckon that 50 is a lot... how about i tell you that at my school, there is, according to my principal, about 95 that have picked chemistry, 90 that have picked physics and about 40 that have picked bio..

mind you, my school is selective lol and most of the population is asian - generally, chem, phys and bio + economics are the "azn combo" at my school, lol.. ohh yeah, and the 3U maths and 3U english.

:p :p

speedofsound

HSC

DALiE. (: said:
err...I dunno actually. Just too many people. LOL. I sound anti-social.
haha nah, it's understandable.

dux&src said:

14 picked chem here

@ Dalie

Yeah, Sydney. My English class has 30 people this year. You get used to the big classes I guess, but it is definitely very noisy a lot of the time.

50 for each Science, yep, although quite a few people are doing all 3 or 2.

Legal Studies in my school is the only subject where some people missed out because the class filled up. 20+ kids in both classes here, too.

swathard said:
lol if you guys reckon that 50 is a lot... how about i tell you that at my school, there is, according to my principal, about 95 that have picked chemistry, 90 that have picked physics and about 40 that have picked bio..

mind you, my school is selective lol and most of the population is asian - generally, chem, phys and bio + economics are the "azn combo" at my school, lol.. ohh yeah, and the 3U maths and 3U english.

So... much... science....

HSC
swathard said:

3u english, 3u maths, physics, chemistry, economics is the asian combo..

mind you, that ext english will probably be dropped by at least half of the guys doing it..

swathard

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
3u english, 3u maths, physics, chemistry, economics is the asian combo..

mind you, that ext english will probably be dropped by at least half of the guys doing it..
yeah lol i reckon people r picking it up to fil up units or coz they reckon it'll be a breeze or coz it scales well..

did you hear either this year or last year, there were 90 people at our school doing ext. english in yr 11, and then by the end of the year, there were only 11 left !

LOL.

HSC
Since this thread is about subject choices i was wondering if any of u could help me out with my problem. u see i go to a public school and wanna be a doctor. these are my subjects for the 2009 prelim:

Advanced Maths
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Advanced English
Legal Studies

now for the HSC i need a uai of 99+ n to do that i wanna make things easy for myself by the HSC. i wanna do 10 units n wanna drop 1 of the 3 sciences. my career advisor told me not to thoguh. I'm definitely doing Maths extension 2 by year 12. I've researched kids with the top Uais and as far as i know nobody who did all 3 sciences got a uai above 99 so i was just wondering if i should listen to my carrer advisor or not. btw im definitelt gonna drop legal studies by yr 12.

dux&src

HSC
digimonstudent said:
Since this thread is about subject choices i was wondering if any of u could help me out with my problem. u see i go to a public school and wanna be a doctor. these are my subjects for the 2009 prelim:

Advanced Maths
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Advanced English
Legal Studies

now for the HSC i need a uai of 99+ n to do that i wanna make things easy for myself by the HSC. i wanna do 10 units n wanna drop 1 of the 3 sciences. my career advisor told me not to thoguh. I'm definitely doing Maths extension 2 by year 12. I've researched kids with the top Uais and as far as i know nobody who did all 3 sciences got a uai above 99 so i was just wondering if i should listen to my carrer advisor or not. btw im definitelt gonna drop legal studies by yr 12.
OMG OMG someone doing the exact same subjects as me!!
add me to your friends list.

Your career's adviser is there to give you advice but you can choose to take it or not. So it's totally up to you what you want to do for year 12.

Obviously after year 11 you will drop a unit or two but you don't know which subject you are going to do well in yet! Plus you might like legal studies :p

write back .

HSC
dux&src said:
OMG OMG someone doing the exact same subjects as me!!
add me to your friends list.

Your career's adviser is there to give you advice but you can choose to take it or not. So it's totally up to you what you want to do for year 12.

Obviously after year 11 you will drop a unit or two but you don't know which subject you are going to do well in yet! Plus you might like legal studies :p

write back .
tthanks for ur advice. im new here n almost ever1 ignores my messages so thanks ofr being the first to reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)