• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (29 Viewers)

enchantedivory27

HSC
actually if you get the secret super band 7 they tell you your atar in september before the hsc exams even start!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this is 100% real. my friend told me. trust)
wait just saw your subjects how did u accelerate in standard maths adv eng and modern??

HSC
how do you guys ancient history responses again? like I haven't gotten a clear answer on this (especially on the 10-15 markers).

nitto

HSC
how do you guys ancient history responses again? like I haven't gotten a clear answer on this (especially on the 10-15 markers).
PEEL, and include archaeological, ancient sources and modern historian interpretations as your sources. but don't go overboard where it becomes an information dump or source listing, synthesise it to address the question. usually the question will be 'assess' or 'evaluate', meaning that in the first sentence you have to make a value judgement right away. keep it sustained and link back to your judgement throughout your response

bruhmoment.

HSC
is it bad if i do skibidi or some brain rot shit for my yearbook quote. I was thinking about "Ermm what the sigma" but then I was like thats too far.

I think I need help tho. I can't stop saying brain rot shit irl.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
is it bad if i do skibidi or some brain rot shit for my yearbook quote. I was thinking about "Ermm what the sigma" but then I was like thats too far.

I think I need help tho. I can't stop saying brain rot shit irl.
i mean you could, but i reckon you’d regret it.

aqwerty13402

HSC
I just came across a message on this site, of someone who went to my small high school, and sat their hsc in 2012. So weird bro. THey were at my current school while i frolicked around in kindergarten. :cry:

ziGma

HSC
HAI Guys, whats the avg. words per minute someone can handwrite? How many to you guys write and how much should the average hsc student be able to write?

aqwerty13402

HSC
From what I have tested, I am around 28-30 words per minute. I would say that I'm pretty average since I've seen people on this forum say they write 1400 words in 40 minutes (35 wpm). But in comparison to my school (which is tiny), I'm one of the fastest so i dont really know.

rosieohposie

HSC
wait just saw your subjects how did u accelerate in standard maths adv eng and modern??
omg i'm so sorry for not replying until now - i didn't accelerate, i'm doing a compresed curriculum hsc (which i suppose is similar?) for clarity here's what nesa describes the system as because i don't think i can describe as clear myself haha

"In a compressed delivery model, students complete the Preliminary and HSC courses for a subject within one year before doing their HSC exams. Where all courses are compressed, students typically do three subjects in Year 11 and another three subjects in Year 12. They sit HSC exams at the end of Years 11 and 12 for the subjects studied in those years."

i need to figure out a clearer way of describing how i am getting my hsc but will still allow me to show my subjects in my signature, welp

rosieohposie

HSC
life hacks with rosieohposie: if in year 11 you don't finish all your essays in exams and leave questions unanswered, then when you start finishing your exams entirely with full essays you will look so much more impressive!!!!!! (source: my experience. do not try at home if grades are important to you)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)