• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

25million for uws! (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
no..its uws admin making that decision, all gov is saying that they are supporting uws financial problems.
you know what? uws should hire out grads or undergrads at uws....i mean we know what we want in a system and we can get expereince etc. and we all know stuff about uws more than some ladies at some crappy desk who eat cake all day and tell you to wait....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
no..its uws admin making that decision, all gov is saying that they are supporting uws financial problems.
you know what? uws should hire out grads or undergrads at uws....i mean we know what we want in a system and we can get expereince etc. and we all know stuff about uws more than some ladies at some crappy desk who eat cake all day and tell you to wait....
Do we get free cake if we work in admin??? :p

If so, I'm in :D

Jonathan A

HSC
theone123 said:
i think IMO having a new library at penrith is pointless, they already hav two which is enuf i think, they shud spend the 7 mill on other things...

If they make a state-of-the-art library it will be worth it. Many universities are given better status by their libraries alone.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That's fuckn stupid of them, seriously... they have all these debts, they are complaining about class sizes... they are complaining that they have to raise tax, and they do this shit...

klh

HSC
they are not listening to students but they want to enhance uws for the future....not much use if they are running low on cash...gov wont bail them out and then the only way is privatisation and more sttrife for students.
I would hope that the new library would be at parra...it dont have that many books...
no admin jobs cape avail, and if i knew you were eating cake and not processing my forms..grrrrr

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Why would they listen to students? We only pay hundreds of dollars eventually thousands of dollars to get an education, its all fine :rolleyes:

I'd eat cake and process forms at the same time :p hehe and uws's boser's forms would be processed first :)

Parra doesn't have many books - true that - then just reserve them from other campuses.

klh

HSC
yay for favouritism...and my spring units aint up, how crappy. and i couldnt log into anything today, all it came up was squiggly wiggly crap on the uws pages....

just saying if they listen to students who want a good education and finance the good stuff not their crappy habits.

also, has anyone seen that new parra demountable, i wonder what its for? its got like 3 a/c so it might be used for staff no doubt.

and i hate the monotonous tone of the admins....sign here, thank you, NEXT!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ooh, that reminds me, I gotta change my spring units :(

I know what your saying - but admin don't give a toss about us, all they want to do is piss us off and get paid and get free cake :p

staff always get aircon. How about they use the $25 million to put air conditioning in at Hawkesbury. That is the campus most in need for air con - it gets bloody hot out their during summer. Actually, reverse cycled air conditioning would be nicer. Its freezing now in the morning :p

klh

HSC
anyway, which room at kingswood? if you use the P building for presentation, its echoey and if someone flushes a toilet, you can hear it.

its freezing everywhere, but prob h'bury needs it more...never been there...

why didnt uws just use more demountables for teaching?? cheap and i dont care they are comfortable as long as the money goes more to the students who are the main concern...books, admin, umm nicer/cheaper food?? i bought stale chips today..it was only offset by tomato sauce, and they charged 50c for it?? wtf? i remember i bought tomato sauce for 20c...and i had like a bag and books???
and cake!!!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm not going to Kingswood - I'm going to Werrington South. Its just someone said they'd pick my up from Kingswood. Room - BBG15-BBG16 - OMG! I just realised I know where that is!

You should come to Hawkesbury and see how cold it gets :p and then how hot during the middle of the day. Its a great campus.

urgh! they need to replace the cafeteria staff. each day we could seriously walk out without paying, and then they go ballistic at us for no reason. and they don't give us our discounts :chainsaw: I guess the cafeteria is following macca's trends :p they'll blame it on inflation next!

klh

HSC
maybe....i mean you were talking of killer cows you know...not that im scared or anything.
or the old High school trick, blame it on GST. i mean the markup was like 60-70%

ohhh, werro sth, BB is the make shift enrolment centre...i think everyone knows it once.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hehe ... your scared of killer cows :p don't worry, they don't bite. Sometimes they aren't even out in the padock!

GST trick = macca's ... especially at Richmond. The Richmond macca's always runs out of icecream :(

klh

HSC
im not scared of any cows...i just added that for comedy reasons...nah ive just had bad experiences when as a kid you got to farms as excursions...

thats better than buying an ice cream from macca's and its all runny and not that nice after a long craving for it....
and a friend said hungry jacks ice creams suck too...:(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
im not scared of any cows...i just added that for comedy reasons...nah ive just had bad experiences when as a kid you got to farms as excursions...
That brings back scary memories from my excursion to James Ruse for geography *shudders*

klh

HSC
hehe...farms....i wont ask, in consideration of yours and my scary memeories...

anyway back to the topic, apparently according to uws:
UWS will receive $7 million to extend library services at its Penrith Campus; $9 million will go towards the new teaching building at the Parramatta Campus scheduled for completion in 2007; while $2 million will be spent on improved research infrastructure at the Hawkesbury Campus...In addition, $7 million will be provided for the development of a medical training facility at the Campbelltown Campus to complement the planned new Medical School.
so not a new library but extra services at penrith and h'bury gets research infrastructure...
that means that it deolsnt benefit h'bury students it seems like-research grants or extra tech for researchers. and whatlibrary services do penrith need? i think its way better then parra by a long shot-coz i started there and know where things are, only thing parra wins is their lounges.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, this is typical. The campus that is the furtherest west gets the least amount of funding *rollseyes*. Why the fuck does Hawkesbury need a research thingo? I've heard that the one there is pretty good anyway. Hawkesbury needs reverse cycle air-conditioning, god damn it!

klh

HSC
dont shoot the messenger!!!!!
but i do agree...more for students. i mean parra is suffereing from parking, a new building isnt going to help.
dunno h'bury but from the maps, has so many buildings...maybe that there isnt a significant student population to justify that investment?
dont worry, banks, black are prob also pissed off.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
*Shoots klh* just joking :p

The Hawkesbury campus has all the buildings bunched together around the oval. Your probably right about the student population though, your actually lucky if you see a person on wednesdays - i'd imagine it would be worse on Fridays. But even the north campus at parra has air conditioning :mad: and Hawkesbury is further west than any other campus - hence it gets hotter. I dunno about you, but when it reaches 40 degrees - I really can't concentrate.

The temp car park at north campus is bigger than the one on the main campus - our coach did a 3 point turn in it tonight ... pretty good :D

klh

HSC
but the north campus holds all the sgsm students dont they? want to give those people that pay a hgiher price more incentive to stay there?
i eman i go to a demoutnable while sgsm gets a nice real building, so yeah, the position of students to uws???
40 deg??? id melt...
i hate the temp carpark coz people always drive and accelerate which brings the dust up..while im walkingout the gates so i either get covered or into eyes.
deos h'bury have like a main big lecture or is it like classrooms like school? coz like campbelltown is like a lot of classrooms and they dont have a/c either but then they dont get as hot.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
sgsm? north campus just looks like a place for leftovers that don't fit in the main campus :p

my friend drives fast through the dust - he tries to kill the birds that are on the grass. He's evil :p yeah, but the dust does get annoying.

Hawkesbury has a few large lecture rooms - but most of the rooms are just like classrooms cause there aren't that many people. Max amount of ppl usually in a room is about 60.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)