• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

a beautiful mind (1 Viewer)

ezza16

HSC
Hey all,
i am doing "A Beautiful Mind" for a related material piece for imaginative journeys, i understand GENERALLY how it is linked to an imaginative journey in the sense it allows schizophrenia to be accessible to "sane" people and allows them to better understand the mentally ill and experience how it feels.but i dont know what techniques from the film i could use????please help me!!!!

amaryllis

HSC
hi, i'm doing that i did a contrast of scenes: lighting, backgorund sound eg: when he meets marcy, autmn rich colours, birght lighting, background noise is natural and calming and i contrasted this with when he's holding the baby and the lighting's extremely dull, the only noise is the baby crying and it's mostly grey ( this is a contrast between his imagination and reality (on the drugs)) and my other technique was the scene where all his hallucinations are crowded around him and then he realises, yeah, in that scene, they use a 360 degree shot, (quite rare in films) this dramatises the realisation that his imaginative journey has led him to, which i said was he realises that intelligence comes at a price. bye

cutie_pie01

HSC
Some techniques I used were: point-of-view shot & perspective from the sufferer (Nash), music, noir lighting for dramatic effect, high and low angle shots, panning shots, also look at the scene where Marcy runs around the pigeons - they don't fly away from here - the director drops small hints that Nash has delusions - you could argue this as being his way of challenging the audience - to take them on an intellectual imaginative journey.

Hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)