• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A question regarding scaling school-wise (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Just a quick question.

Does the rankings (not the marks) in Year 11 in terms of the subjects that you do affect the moderation and scaling process when the BoS determine your UAI?

Thanks for answering.

HSC
N/A
I thought that nothing non-accelerated in first three terms of Year 11 counts towards your HSC? Not 100% sure I'm right in answering your question though.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
No. They only take in consideration your rankings if you accelerate a HSC subject in Year 11.

cccclaire

HSC
In year 10 they told us our school certificate marks were taken into account when scaling for HSC.
But I'm pretty sure they were just making it up to try to make us put more effort into school certificate.

cs01001

HSC
cccclaire said:
In year 10 they told us our school certificate marks were taken into account when scaling for HSC.
But I'm pretty sure they were just making it up to try to make us put more effort into school certificate.
They should really stop telling lies, it has become really lame :mad1:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
In that case, damn...

Thanks for answering!

david d 69

HSC
bos dun give a shit bout y11 unless u doing something accelerated
btw dw about how they calculate too much, just try hard for hsc subjects all round and u do good. also help ur friends who are doing hopeless to bring up their mark in the hsc test, that will help you with ur moderated mark. the better ur school grade does in the hsc exam, the more favourably BOS moderates the school raw mark. so work hard, extra time, help out the dumb shits. study groups is a good way to do both

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)