• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Accounting Mid Semester Exam 2008 (1 Viewer)

petersa

HSC
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had the answers to the accounting mid semester exam. They have given us 12 long questions for the exam so I ws just wondering if anyone had the asnwers to study them...

thanks a lot for your help!!!

roadcone

HSC
or....

you could do the work yourself.

just a thought.

maka

HSC
petersa said:
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had the answers to the accounting mid semester exam. They have given us 12 long questions for the exam so I ws just wondering if anyone had the asnwers to study them...

thanks a lot for your help!!!

Mate, no one at uni likes someone who leeches off other people. Try and do it yourself. I am sure if you did some work and spoke to people about comparing answers they will be glad to do so.

Uni is about putting in the hard work and effort. People respect it and will be more than happy to contribute and collaborate with you.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I totally agree with maka.. I did a study group with a couple of friends when I did Accounting for Business and we checked each others answers for the mid-semester exam.

No one will just give you the answers for nothing..

maka

HSC
the_avec.....

Do some work at uni and others will be happy to help you. There is nothing worse than a free rider at uni. Everyone has a hell of a lot of committments and they shouldnt expect a free ride from people who go to the effort to do the work.

I expect the same standards from myself as of other people. I wont ask for answers if I cant help other people with something else.

No one on here is a nerdy tool or doing anything wrong by not releasing our answers, it is peter's initial post that is wrong. Why didnt he post what he has done and ask for some help, rather than expect it all to be given to him.

krayzie_

HSC
I would help him, but yeah he does sound like a freeloader. Probably created an account just to ask that. =.=

krayzie_

HSC
why would Qantas want to produce higher profit figures?

besides the obvious reasons of luring investers, share prices, easy to get loans from creditors, better when merging, management bonuses, create perception of financial stability, investors more likely to buy shares because higher profit figures = low risk etc. etc.

i saw a post on the discussion board but Jon goes he can think of more?!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
krayzie_ said:
why would Qantas want to produce higher profit figures?

besides the obvious reasons of luring investers, share prices, easy to get loans from creditors, better when merging, management bonuses, create perception of financial stability, investors more likely to buy shares because higher profit figures = low risk etc. etc.

i saw a post on the discussion board but Jon goes he can think of more?!
Lol.. as PASS leader for Accounting for Business I've been banned from helping anyone with their mid-semester exam.

maka

HSC
I hated that mid sem with passion.

I ended up doing the 100% final as I have said before.

Got 76. Hahaha I dont know how. Probably some common sense and cramming over a long weekend.

krayzie_

HSC
Haha, I just finished the exam..

Easy, Question 1 & 8.

Didn't expect question 1 as it was so basic and because question 2 - 6 were all earnings management questions.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Haha.. you didn't get an earnings management question.. I saw on the UTSonline discussion boards the numerous comments like: "what does earnings management mean"...

You got the massive adjustments question though.. eww..

When I did the Accounting Mid-Semester back in Spring 2006- I got something similar to Questions 3 and 10.

spence

HSC
That went slightly better than I expected. Wasn't that good though

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
zdzislaw said:
Accounting <3
Can you keep it to the topic next time.. this thread is for discussion about the mid-semester for Accounting for Business.

You can talk about your love of accounting in our UTS secks thread.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Huratio said:
Can you keep it to the topic next time.. this thread is for discussion about the mid-semester for Accounting for Business.

You can talk about your love of accounting in our UTS secks thread.
Sorryyyyyy...
well my cousin said about the management accounting if you listened carefully in lectures, tuts etc it was logical

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
zdzislaw said:
Sorryyyyyy...
well my cousin said about the management accounting if you listened carefully in lectures, tuts etc it was logical
In Accounting for Business the management accounting topics are pretty straight forward. The questions in the exam are very similar to the ones done for homework.

I couldn't say the same for the management accounting subjects (i.e. Cost Management Systems, Management Decisions and Control) which are part of the Accounting major though.

HSC
Huratio said:
In Accounting for Business the management accounting topics are pretty straight forward. The questions in the exam are very similar to the ones done for homework.

I couldn't say the same for the management accounting subjects (i.e. Cost Management Systems, Management Decisions and Control) which are part of the Accounting major though.
mdc was particularly easy- much easier than cms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)