• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ad-aware / kazaa (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B l e h.

HSC
Anyone who runs adaware and has kazaa knows that it deletes some files which are crucial to kazaa running.

Does anyone know which files are needed for kazaa to run so i can restore them after a adaware scan or is there something else i can do to stop the files being deleted or where they are so i can deselect a-a scanning that folder :(

sunny

meh.
HSC
You are using the wrong version of Kazaa - the one which comes with adware and spyware, so you can't really blame Ad Aware for it. Use Kazaa Lite instead.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
don't use kazaa? kazaa is soo 2003

sunny

meh.
HSC
Jago said:
don't use kazaa? kazaa is soo 2003
Please don't turn into a thread where everyone starts throwing their two cents of what should be used instead of solving the problem.

B l e h. said:
n yeah i am using kazaa lite.
Theres a chance your copy might have been hijacked or something, because Kazaa Lite itself does not have any spyware or adware. You might also have other adware or spyware that targetted Kazaa Lite.

Try a clean removal of Kazaa and scan your system. Then install a fresh copy (preferrably a new version if you can find one).

HSC
on a similar topic..
i have imesh and there are these pop-up adds that just don't go away..i've tried ad-aware/spybot and they still keep coming back..
any solutions?

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
try d/l kazaa lite resurrection, im pretty sure its the newest version of kazaa lite.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
sunny said:
Please don't turn into a thread where everyone starts throwing their two cents of what should be used instead of solving the problem.
QUOTE]

Soo true, but because we are - bit torrent is probably the best P2P in my opinion...only not as easy to configure for new users.

sunny

meh.
HSC
If that is the case, then this thread shall close.

J

jhakka

Loz#1 said:
Use WinMX, no spyware and it's uber-speedy.
The problem with WinMX is that everything's queued.

I'm currently using BitTorrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)